Raidfire spear----- in doubt?

Tarnedoo

Newly Enlightened
Hi , this is my first post. I got a raidfire spear (still didnt get it in my possesion) , the problem is this that i ordered it and my friend has recieved it in USA. Nw he will bring it to me after a week to my country but he is not sure which batteries to bring. Can someone give me an advise which batteries to use (company) and which charger to use becaz these are not available in my country.
I know it uses 18650 but should i ask him the protected ones (which company?) and which charger?
Thanxs

Ziemas

Enlightened
Hi , this is my first post. I got a raidfire spear (still didnt get it in my possesion) , the problem is this that i ordered it and my friend has recieved it in USA. Nw he will bring it to me after a week to my country but he is not sure which batteries to bring. Can someone give me an advise which batteries to use (company) and which charger to use becaz these are not available in my country.
I know it uses 18650 but should i ask him the protected ones (which company?) and which charger?
Thanxs
Which voltage and plug does your country use? If you don't know, then where are you located?

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Tarnedoo,

:welcome:

The 18650 is not a normal consumer battery and cannot readily be bought in shops in the US. You may want to consider buying both batteries and charger directly on-line and having them delivered to where you live.

The most recommended (high quality, reliable) 18650 can be obtained from CPF member AW (see sales thread in the marketplace) or from LightHound, and the most reliable charger is the Pila IBC, although the cheaper Ultrafire WF-139 (also available from Lighthound) may be used if care is taken.

If you have not used lithium ion batteries before, you should invest in a multimeter and take care to learn about how to measure their voltage and how to charge them safely. You need to know that if you do the wrong thing when charging lithium ion batteries they can catch fire.

Last edited:

Tarnedoo

Newly Enlightened
Which voltage and plug does your country use? If you don't know, then where are you located?

I am in Pakistan. Donot know which voltage we use over here, i think its 220 volts.
Can anyone kindly tel me where can i find the best deal ?

Ziemas

Enlightened
I am in Pakistan. Donot know which voltage we use over here, i think its 220 volts.
Can anyone kindly tel me where can i find the best deal ?
Depending on your budget you'd be best either ordering a Pila IBC charger (about USD 45 shipped in the US) which comes with the proper adapters for your electrical sockets or if you want to spend less money a batteries and a charger from AW over in the marketplace. Mr Happy posted links to both.

It looks like you need a standard round European plug, so if you order from AW mention this and he will include the right one. He also ships direct to Pakistan.

Tarnedoo

Newly Enlightened
justt wanted to ask another question, will the protected 18650 work in raidfire spear? And from where can i get its different reflectors?
Thanx for all the help. I luv clf :)

9x23

Enlightened
justt wanted to ask another question, will the protected 18650 work in raidfire spear? And from where can i get its different reflectors?
Thanx for all the help. I luv clf :)

Hello Tarnedoo,

I use nothing but AW's protected 18650's in my Spear and everything works well. In regards to the reflectors, I believe the recent lights come with an orange peel texture for a smoother beam and a few members here have had difficulty finding the smooth texture reflector. You might want to check with www.4sevens.com to see if they have any, or send a PM to EDGETAC here on this forum to see if either could help you. Good luck and welcome to CPF.

BTW if you like bright led lights that can throw a fair distance then you'll love the Spear!

9x23