Novatac 85P & 120P Usage Flowchart v0.2

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Novatac 85P & 120P Usage Flowchart v0.4

Yesterday I programmed my LF3XT using Budman231's flowchart. It made the operation so easy that I went looking for a Novatac 120P flowchart. I didn't find any so I made one today. It's not that its hard to program, its just nice to have an at-a-glance reference. Click the PDF link below to download. Any suggestions/criticisms/correction are welcome.

PDF v0.5

Notes:
Version 0.5 adds some additional runtime data and a section for links to the Novatac website and two reviews of the 120P.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: Novatac 85P & 120P Usage Flowchart

Hey Great job!

Shoudl help a lot for remembering the progamming sequence on the Novatacs.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Novatac 85P & 120P Usage Flowchart

Howdy bluecrow76,
I do like flow charts..... if your mind works like that they can make understanding a programming system like the NovaTac or Liteflux much easier.

One thing though, the reference to "ramping" seemed a bit incomplete. On my light (maybe new lights are different) you enter the ramping sequence with a 2C-P from any ON light level that you wish to change. You can change directions of the ramping at any time with another 2C-P.

When you reach the brightness you want, you stop pressing the button, then you save that by turning off the light with a 1C, or abort the change by going to another level with a 2C-3C etc, anything other than turning off the light.

So, let's see if your flowcharting skills can turn that bunch of mumbo jumbo into something that makes sense. :)

Thanks for the great effort!

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Thanks gunga and Derek Dean!

I've updated the chart to reflect the ramping a little better. I had just copied the ramping section out of the manual and forgot to read over it. At first I tried to figure out how to include the ramping into the actual flowchart, but the realized it would be MUCH easier and probably more effective to have a text box! :whistle: See if the new version is any better.

EDIT: I'll go over it a little more tonight and see if there is anything else I can add, like mentioning strobe and SOS in the ramping.

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! Maybe this will set a precedent and all future lights will come from the manufacturer with a Flow-Chart in the manual and on the website.

Comments:

1. With Simple Momentary enabled; 'Press & Hold' from OFF provides Momentary 'Last-mode' or 'Forced Setting' depending on setting for Force Setting Option.
  2. 1C from OFF depends on the setting of option Force Setting.
  3. CP from OFF, on mine provides Momentary Maximum, rather than Maximum, but I can't remember if that is because of my options settings or not (forced and simple-momentary enabled).
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tried to access it but got a message saying I don't have permission.

"You don't have permission to access /flashlights/Novatac 120P Flowchart v0.2.pdf on this server"

Is this now locked? :sigh:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Sorry! I moved the files to a folder and created symlinks to the old location as to not break the links I posted earlier, but my webserver wasn't....... long story short.... it's fixed now! :twothumbs

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Very nice indeed.

When I was first programming my 120P, I doodled a flow chart on paper to understand how to use the force setting.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I can crack the mystery of the Novatac UI
Your flowchart makes it alot easier now (but then again :stupid:)
Bluecrow :goodjob:

DM51

Flashaholic
Excellent work - I'm going to find this extremely useful myself. Many thanks for doing it!

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Nice work!
You know I was going to get a LF3XT. But as there flow chart went up and up to about Version 10 I thought WoW! thats just to much! LOL. You got the Novatac one sorted on the 2nd time around, needless to say I got the Novatac!
I now have this stored on my phone, Thankyou!

bluecrow76

Enlightened
I'm glad the flowchart is coming in handy. It was much easier to write than the Budman's LF3XT chart! One of these days I'll get around to updating it with more information related to configuration.

Nice work!
You know I was going to get a LF3XT. But as there flow chart went up and up to about Version 10 I thought WoW! thats just to much! LOL. You got the Novatac one sorted on the 2nd time around, needless to say I got the Novatac!

I also have the LF3XT. Before Budman's flowchart it seemed impossible to wrap my brain around the programming, simply because the manual is horrible. Once the first version of the flowchart was posted, it made it a snap and now it makes sense. It's an impressive little light. If only the Novatac had the random strobe feature, and if only the LF3XT had the ability to jump directly to the programmable modes... the search for the perfect UI continues! :D

Budman231

Enlightened
Nice work!
I now have this stored on my phone, Thankyou!

Great job on the chart ! I like.

If i only had a Novatac. :-(

The lf3xt chart was a prototype at first. We messed with format
Which is why it took many versions to get it right.

Bud