Any information on a Browning Black Ice 3V?

jaundice

Enlightened
I saw that CDNN has Browning Black Ice 3V single 123a lights on sale. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. All that I could find out is that these are all aluminum 1 watt Luxeon LED lights from about 2003-4. They are spec'd at 30 lumens for 3 hours. Are these decent lights?

Thanks,

-John

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a (3) CR123 incand Browining Black ice which has been a good light. A very nice thrower.

My dad has the (2)CR123 6 Led / Incand Black ice. The spot / spill isn't nothing to bragg about and I think the quality is a little lower than mine. However all in all they are better than your average department store light.

Was there any specific information you were looking for?

Bill

Last edited:

jaundice

Enlightened
Bill;

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'm wondering about the build quality, the beam, and whether they're regulated or direct drive. And finally, would you buy a new one for $18.99? Also, the one that your dad has, does the light heat up alot?

Thanks,

-John

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
$18.99 is a lot cheaper than what we paid for ours. If I can remember correctly probably less than half. Knowing what I know today about lights I probably would not buy another one, even at $18.99, but that does not mean that you would not be happy with one. Like I said the build quality is much better than a cheap plastic light.

I thought the beam quality on my dads was not too good. The reflector was not designed well for having both LED's and a lamp assembly and therfore did neither very good.

Hope this helps

Bill