LD01 SS saves the day... night!

squaat

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick story. Last night I had to help dig a truck that was stuck in the snow. Only problem was that it was stuck in an unplowed back alley which was unlit and almost pitch black.

So I stuck my LD01 SS onto the brim of my cap and I had an instant headlight! Worked like a charm, didn't even use high mode, medium was bright enough.

Almost makes me want to get a dedicated head lamp, though I could always just wear my hat.

Here are some pics of the hat mount

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3039.JPG

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep those are great for emergency use. I superglued a clip from tire gauge on my e01 so I can use it that way if necessary.

Still nothing beats an actual headlamp, I used to think they are geeky, but as soon as I bought one it's my most used light.

HighLumens

Enlightened
Nice story! These are the moments when you feel pride of being a flashaholic, aren't they?

Has anyone ever tried to attach flashlights with a small weight, like the LD01 but aluminium not SS, on their glasses? For example with 2 rubber bands on one side.. Have I been clear explaining this system?

p.s.: i like your cap a lot, and i love caps!

dilbert

Enlightened
Nice! I just ordered this light yesterday... can't wait. For a second I panicked when I read your post thinking I forget to order the pocket (hat) clip... then I saw it is included...whew.

Kingfisher

Enlightened
Not much luck with the clip for me, it kept coming off so I squeezed it tighter and it snapped quite easy. My wife gave me her clip but I just keep it on one of those nice lobster rings you have.

LightScene

Enlightened
Nice story! These are the moments when you feel pride of being a flashaholic, aren't they?

Has anyone ever tried to attach flashlights with a small weight, like the LD01 but aluminium not SS, on their glasses? For example with 2 rubber bands on one side.. Have I been clear explaining this system?

p.s.: i like your cap a lot, and i love caps!
Good idea. It might work well with a lithium primary (I don't have any on hand to try it). It may be a bit heavy with a NiMh. I wish I could find some cheap AAA Lithiums.

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
Highlumens,
I have mounted my LoD on my glasses before. Many times in fact. I used 2 O-rings. It worked fairly well, but I like the hat mount a little better. Actually, I love the hat mount :grin2:
The only real problem with glasses mount, is that the weight is uneven, and you have a tube on the edge of your vision. But it does work pretty well.

Fixitman

HighLumens

Enlightened
It might work well with a lithium primary
Do you mean for weight? Fenix LD01 (not ss) + energizer l92 (lithium AAA) would be about 23 grams (Fenix 14,8 g + battery 8 g* )

I wish I could find some cheap AAA Lithiums.
Are there other AAA lithiums than energizer' s? They are about 2.5$/€ each..

The only real problem with glasses mount, is that the weight is uneven
I tried putting the same amount of weight on one side of my glasses (1 AAA and 1 AA = 25 g) and it was not so bad..

* i measured the weight of 1 AAA duracell alkaline, it was 12 g so 2/3 is 8 g (energizer lithiums are 2/3 the weight of standart alkalines)

Last edited: