Buying CR123 in Sydney?

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
Hi guys, hoping for someone living in Sydney who can point me to a prefereably non-online source for the cheapest Energizer or Duracell CR123 batteries?

Haz

Enlightened
I'm curious, why are CR123 batteries always more expensive in stores than online?

a few reasons i can think of
  • rents required in bricks and mortar store
  • less turnover of stock
  • there are more competition online
  • people unaware you can buy for significant less online
I have actually seen CR123 in alkaline instead of lithium in dollar stores. I think they were selling for $3 each, but i cannot see why anyone will want to go for the alkaline ones.

There is a thread on the marketplace with someone selling Energizer CR123 at very low prices. I'm not sure how much shipping will be to Australia, but if he does ship to Aus, it should be good.

aussiebob

Enlightened
I'm curious, why are CR123 batteries always more expensive in stores than online?
Buggered if i know, but its annoying.

Joint Pacific Trading at Taren Point, has 12 energizers for $41 they also sell surefires etc. http://www.jpt-australia.com/index.htm
These are the only shop i know of in sydney to sell them cheaper than supermarkets, whitch sell them for $13 each.

I get all my cr123 from torchworld.com.au, they sell titanium brand which are just as good as those you mentioned, they are $2.50 each and postage is cheap. Just a thought?

Hope this helps some.:)

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Joint Pacific Trading at Taren Point, has 12 energizers for $41 they also sell surefires etc. http://www.jpt-australia.com/index.htm
These are the only shop i know of in sydney to sell them cheaper than supermarkets, whitch sell them for $13 each.

It's where I get all my gear from, lights, batts, accessories. Once you've been there a couple of times he will even give you a discount. The owner, Jason, used to be a member here on cpf, not sure if he still is. Highly recommended.