Inova Bolt Lithium (2x123) on 2xR123s?!?!?!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried to run an Inova Bolt on two R123s yet? Couldn't find an answer with the search feature.

Thanks,
MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, since no one has the guts to try it.... I did.:nana:

So far it seems to work fine. I will report back in the coming days to see if I burn the thing out. But so far so good.:grin2:

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four battery cylces through it so far.... no ill effects.

Getting runtimes between 35 and 40 minutes on a set of AW R123 cells.

Then again, from the amount of posts in this thread, aside from my three, no on seems to give a hoot.:crackup: Its like having a conversation with myself.

MSax

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the LED used in the 2x CR123 Bolt? A K2? K2 TFFC?

Thanks.

PS: I have only seen the 2x CR123 Bolt in one or two stores. The other battery configuration Bolts are much more common here. That may explain the lack of comments.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I might give it a try, depending no how much they cost at my local target.

Its impossible to find 1 or two cell RCR123 capable lights in B&M stores, so when one pops up it gets my attention. IMHO Inovas are too well made to completely disregard.

I didn't know they made a bolt in 2xCR123 format.:thumbsup:

Does it use the ridiculously inefficient Luxeon emitter that they dumped into the X1-V3? if so... I think I'll pass.

Holepuncher

Enlightened
I posted here once about the Bolt. Nobody here seems to like the Bolts or has them :shrug:. I have all 3 of the bolts :ohgeez:So I for one am interested. The Lithium bolt has a nice beam to start with. Does it get brighter?

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Bolt 2aa and I am impressed with the build quality. For the money thet are hard to beat.

Holepuncher

Enlightened
For those asking what emitter the Bolt uses here is a shot of it. The 2X123 and the 2XAA use this.

bolt.JPG

MWClint

Enlightened
interesting...if it works in the bolt, i wonder if 2x RCR123 works with the K2 X03 as well.

i have bored out the X03 to accept an AW 17670 instead of the 2x cr123a and it works well, but extra battery options are always a plus. The x03 has a
nice hefty feel in your hand with gloves and is a very useful light.

i might first attempt it with 2 rcr's that are partially drained and see what happens.

i thought tffc k2's had an array of dots in the die and the older k2's did not? i'll have to check my inova when i get home tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
the k2tffc emitters do have does on the die. Its difficult to see them though. Put some deadened 123a's into the light and look into the light when its on. You will see a small grid of dots (~16 of them).

dclawyer

Newly Enlightened
I am a newcomer here. I own an Inova Bolt 2X123. It works just fine and is solid. I thought it was bright until I bought the Fenix L2D which just blows the Bolt away in output.

ashwednesday

Newly Enlightened
I posted here once about the Bolt. Nobody here seems to like the Bolts or has them :shrug:. I have all 3 of the bolts :ohgeez:So I for one am interested. The Lithium bolt has a nice beam to start with. Does it get brighter?

I also just picked up one each of the Bolts from Botach (price dropped recently). Dunno' how such sturdy little lights got maligned; I'm nothing but impressed with them. Put a lot of my other LED lights to shame. Got the smallest one in my back pocket now, expecting to carry the 2 x AA a lot, too.