New battery from Energizer: Energizer Zinc Air Prismatic

HighLumens

Enlightened
Energizer is gonna introduce its new Energizer Zinc Air Prismatic at CES from 8 to 11 January.

Do you know something about that? Are these new batteries gonna be better than (Energizer) lithiums?

petersmith6

Enlightened
Zinc air batterys been around for years.there activated buy AIR so i cant see them being much use in hermeticaly seald flashlights:shakehead

Illum

Flashaholic
Zinc air batterys been around for years.there activated buy AIR so i cant see them being much use in hermeticaly seald flashlights:shakehead

heh, batteries are not made, designed, nor limited specifically for the use for flashlights. think of them as general purpose applications instead. :nana:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Prismatic" implies a rectangular shape. Wouldn't be of much use in cylindrical flashlights.

I'm curious as to energy density and power density of this zinc-air cell. Is there any data available?

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
I'm curious as to energy density and power density of this zinc-air cell. Is there any data available?

the highest!!!!!! more than the double of the best li-ion, but of course... they aren't rechargeable

the shelf life is very high but only until you remove the sealing tape, after that the battery will discharge in few months also if you don't use it

they aren't high current batts... they are good for be discharged in some days

Rocketfish

Newly Enlightened
the highest!!!!!! more than the double of the best li-ion, but of course... they aren't rechargeable

the shelf life is very high but only until you remove the sealing tape, after that the battery will discharge in few months also if you don't use it

they aren't high current batts... they are good for be discharged in some days
What about with a light like the firefly(air hole has to be opened to make it work?")

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
What about with a light like the firefly(air hole has to be opened to make it work?")

the problem is that for now they are available only in button-type size

duracell is working on a 9V-size cell, energizer for some prismatic-shape... but no AA or AAA oc CR123 for now...

btw i don't think they are good for our flashlights