Resolved thank you.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

I was on myspace today and I allowed a program to be downloaded to my computer. It claims to be an antivirus program but really I acts more like it IS a VIRUS its called Antivirus 2009 and in the bottom right corner of my screen it displays the four colored shield and every few minutes it prompts me to use it ie spend 60$ to register. I tried to uninstall using the add/remove hardware program in control panel. And also found it in my start, all programs and told it to uninstall there. Still no luck, so I did a search for the files in my hard drive and came up with one but it will not delete from there either. If anyone has any Ideas I would really appreciate it.

I reformated the hard drive on the computer at my house the other day, I then got the windows XP updates, and google tool bar. Before I reformated there was an icon with a green check mark and the letters "abc" for my spell check, however the icon is no longer there. When I click the little wrench that says "adjust toolbar options" then go to tools I can see a picture of the icon and it says that it is enabled but I still dont have the icon on toolbar even after restart:(. Does anyone have an idea how to get it back, I could sure use it. Thanks

Thank for the help spellcheck is now ok.

Another problem the owner of the computer mentioned is he likes to use "word pad" and thinks less of "notepad" and "Microsoft Word". He said that in word pad the toolbar no longer has some of the tool bar options are no longer there. He said ( I don't understand some of this so I hope I get this correct) "Full page justify" "Spacing" and some others are missing. I need to know how to restore these or if it is not possible than I would like recommendations for another similar program, preferably one I can down load for free. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: How do I get my spell check back?

I'm assuming you right clicked on the tool bar - then left clicked on "Modify" or "Customize". When you're looking at the spell check icon - left click & hold while dragging the icon to the tool bar.

Eh? Am I on the right path?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

We've got your back until you get it working (it's "reformatted") :p

Ok, see what I mean LOL:D that was not even on purpose.

I have found my spell check now, it just wasn't where it belongs. It used to be a visible icon on the tool bar. Now I have to click the little black arrow that says "show hidden buttons" but at least I have it.

Thanks for the assist cpf..

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now I have to click the little black arrow that says "show hidden buttons" but at least I have it.

Thanks for the assist cpf..

Chances are the install put more icons on. You can delete them or move things around.

I neveeer mispill a word so dont ned one.

arioch

Enlightened
Re: Spell check fixed. Problem #2 Word pad?

Have you thought about trying OpenOffice? It is a pretty good word processing program- comparable to Microsoft Word. It is also compatible with most older versions of Word. Best of all, it is free. :)

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

He is probably is talking about the Format Bar.

Select the View menu item and see if Format Bar has a checkmark next to it. If it doesn't, simply click View | Format Bar and it will appear.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you thought about trying OpenOffice? It is a pretty good word processing program- comparable to Microsoft Word. It is also compatible with most older versions of Word. Best of all, it is free. :)

Thanks arioch, if I cannot fix it the way it was I will look into the program.
He is probably is talking about the Format Bar.

Select the View menu item and see if Format Bar has a checkmark next to it. If it doesn't, simply click View | Format Bar and it will appear.

Format bar is the one, but what I think he means is some of the icons are missing. He said there was one (among others) that would make text in block type paragraphs, like the way it would be written in a bible where there are no spaces left at the ends. Some of them are there like align left or right, bold and italic etc. I tried getting windows updates thinking the rest of the icons might be in there but I already had all but one of the updates.