What's your most used battery type and size?

What type of batteries do you use

• Alkaline (any alkaline battery)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Lithium (non-rechargable)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Lithium-ion (rechargable)

Votes: 44 33.6%
  • NiMH High-capacity

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • NiMH Long-lasting style

Votes: 49 37.4%

• Total voters

ryaxnb

Newly Enlightened
The poll is about battery chemistry. You can submit your size via a reply, I imagine most would say AA or CR123A. Note: please specify size and type in reply if possible, e.g. rechargable li-ion 123a 3.7v or AA High-drain Alkaline Note: Long-lasting= eneloop, precharged duracells, etc.

Last edited:

GPB

Enlightened
For me I use the rechargeable AA's most often because I can and most of my lighting need is of the convenience type ( checking on the kids, taking the trash out, looking for something behind the couch, etc ) If I was going on a night hike, or changing a tire on the roadside, or expecting a power failure, I'd have a light with Alkaline or Lithium primaries ( 3D mag or surefire G2L ). So....I use the rechargeable's most often, but I don't really count on them when something important is at stake.

D-Dog

Enlightened
Almost every light I have ever used runs off li-ion cells, although most can also run off primaries in a pinch. I guess guilt-free lumens are too hard to pass up.

Edit: read your post. I would say AW's 123A's 3.7 volt Li-ions are the ones I use the most

aussiebob

Enlightened
Eneloops for me too, got about 50 of em. AA and AAA

Got a bunch of Li-ion's aswell, 17500, 17670, 123, mostly for bright incan lights, but dont use them as much as the eneloops.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Sanyo Eneloop (and Duracell DuraLoop) in AA size.

:thumbsup:
_

MWClint

Enlightened
most used are AW RCR123's (both my edc's use them - 007/ex10)

2nd most are AA eneloops (all my general inside the house lights - peaks/fenix)
3rd - LSD D nimh (walking the dog, outside the house lights - mags)
4th - AAA nimh (keychain lights - peaks/fenix)

Speedwar

Newly Enlightened
The poll is about battery chemistry. You can submit your size via a reply, I imagine most would say AA or CR123A. Note: please specify size and type in reply if possible, e.g. rechargable li-ion 123a 3.7v or AA High-drain Alkaline Note: Long-lasting= eneloop, precharged duracells, etc.

I have 4 x 16340 Li-ion and 1 x 18650 Li-ion battery for my flashlight

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use CR123 or AA/AAA lithiums in most of my lights.I may eventually get more rechargable batteries but I seem to get pretty good mileage out of the lithiums for my limited use.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I now pretty much only use 1 and 2 cell AA lights. They all run off Sanyo Eneloops, though I have Alkaline and Lithium as backups.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
MOST used? I'm not too sure, I use a bunch of different batteries depending on which torch I am using at the time.

Close to correct from most used to least used:
AW 14500 (In my EDC, probably the most used)
AW 16340 (In my Ti Infinitum, getting plenty of use)
Eneloop AA (In several lights)
AW 18650 (In my Jet-IIIM)
Eneloop AAA (In my Fenix L0D)
Accupower D Cell LSD NiMH (In my 4D Maglite with Malkoff)

I don't really use primaries much - don't like using a battery once then throwing it away, seems wasteful.