Foxfury Scout
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: magcharger with 5761 bulb

Default Re: magcharger with 5761 bulb

Thanks for the replies. What do I need and how do I check the current draw at the tail cap? Seems I've got a lot to learn

I just remembered that fivemega offers aluminum MC reflectors with a larger hole made to accomodate the 5761. It's a nice option if you don't want to ruin your existing reflector by enlarging it only to later find that you'd rather use a smaller bulb. You want the 11mm one. Its hole is large enough for the 5761, it's made to compensate for the added filament height of the 5761, and also has a textured surface which will make the beam look a lot more "Surefire-like" in quality.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...inum-reflector
    Last edited by Howecollc; 01-18-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howecollc View Post
    I just remembered that fivemega offers aluminum MC reflectors with a larger hole made to accomodate the 5761. It's a nice option if you don't want to ruin your existing reflector by enlarging it only to later find that you'd rather use a smaller bulb. You want the 11mm one. It is made to compensate for the added filament height of the 5761, and also has a textured surface which will make the beam look a lot more "Surefire-like" in quality.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?238677-(3Rd-Run)-M*gCharger-MOP-Aluminum-reflector
    Thanks again for the info, that's brilliant to know!

Throw - FM Throwmaster

Heat - FM ceramic Magcharger bi-pin adapter

Flashaholic*

Does anyone know if the phillips 5761 bulb will work with the new 2 stage magcharger?

Does the electronic switch limit any current in any way?

Did you do anything with your MagCharger yet? There are several (3) upgrades available only for the MagCharger, they run around $60-$90.

(1) The "TerraLux MiniStar30MR-EX" that puts out 600 lumens.
    (2) The lower output is the "TerraLUX TLE-300MR EX-S" that outputs 700 lumens.
    (3) And then there's the "TerraLUX MiniStar31 MR-EX" that outputs 1000 lumens.

Make sure you put in a thermally resistant lens to go along with the high heat output bulb...

Flashaholic*

I bought the fivemega kit several months ago. I am running this setup in the standard single stage magcharger. It would be nice to have the lower mode for longer runs using this kit, but my cheap DMM is showing a 5.7 amp draw. I am just curious whether or not the new switch can handle the current.

Has anyone taken apart the new style switch yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12