E1 w/ E2 lamp

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this was tried before and the MN03 would not even light on 3 volts.

I may try it tonight when i get home just to be sure, but I don't think it will put out enough light to worry about if it does light up.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would like a hola for the E1E, and if the 25 lumen LA will do this i'll but one or two....er three

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The MN03 might not like the much cooler operating temperatures provided by a single battery. The bulb may blacken much more quickly than you would expect, because the lamp will never get hot enough for the halogen cycle to initiate so any and all evaporated tungsten ends up condensing on the inner surface of the bulb.

Darell

Flashaholic
What Craig said -

Or, in laymen's terms... it won't work. Putting an incandescent bulb designed for higher voltage into a lower voltage situation will NOT provide a HOLA experience, I'm afriad.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's what I understood too - Sf bulbs don't like being run at lower voltages, and will probably die on you..

Graham

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried it for a few seconds. I put my E2 head on my E1 body. It does light but is very dim and very yellow, maybe one quarter the output at best, of the E1 head. Don't think I'll try the E1 head on the E2 body.

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm still waiting on the HOLA for the E2e, which, while it should be a better bet, still doesn't look like it'll happen in my lifetime.

(somewhere my University English teacher is rolling over in her grave, RIP)

DonL

Enlightened
I had thought about a higher output E1, and I found it.

The E2.
grin.gif

Actually, I have a couple of the MN-02 bulbs on order for the E2, which would probably be what a HOLA for an E1 would produce anyways.

The only bulbs I've heard of for the E2 was the standard and LOLA. The pyrex bezel brought alot of speculation of a HOLA for the E2, but PK and, I believe, another person or two from SF assured us it wouldn't happen.

The LED bezels, like the MN-02, might be a great go-between for the two lights.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Ok,
Here's the question. Is there a battery available in the single 123 size (dementions)that will provide enough volts to run the MNO2/3 ?