Are these safe batteries and are they any good?

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
http://www.batteryjunction.com/pelican-combo-cr123a.html
Hi not sure if these were some of the bad ones or not it seems like a great deal that is why I am concerned. I have found some reviews about these batteries as far as run time. But I want to know if these are some that catch fire or blow up.
Also , I have looked is there a good battery shootout to let us know which batteries are safe which are bad etc. I have found some info. I was just wandering if there was a compiled list of offenders?

Last edited:

coppertrail

Enlightened
The case and foam cutouts are great, I have 2 of them. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Titanium cells. The self-discharge rate during storage was pretty high, rendering most of the cells useless after a year. I'd look to some better quality cells such as SureFire. Regarding safety, I've not had any problem.

Pricewise, it's about what I paid separately for the cells, pelican case, and foam cut-outs.

My recommendation: Buy the case/foam without cells and go with a more reputable brand of cells such as surefire.

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
cool, I have a good stock of SF's right now. I was not sure if the batteries were any good