Nat'l Weather Service - KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT

wmirag

Enlightened
We've got a half inch of ice on our driveway right now. The National Weather Service has an ice storm warning out. Among the details:

IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

OK, which one of YOU GUYS wrote this?

W.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're making inroads :D

In all seriousness, lights are becoming more noticed in emergency preparedness. Our regional emergency planning committee brought up the possibility of recommending LED lights for kits. The idea of longer run times is the main proponent in these discussions. There are always those who want to only spend $5 for a light, but some recognize that a $5 light that lasts only a couple of hours is not a bargain.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
We've got a half inch of ice on our driveway right now. The National Weather Service has an ice storm warning out. Among the details:

IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

OK, which one of YOU GUYS wrote this?

W.

Sounds like they have a bunch of enablers over there. :laughing:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm if I was picking onlu 3 things food and even a light would have been off on my list. I didn't just say that about the light. :eek::ohgeez::naughty:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think wmirag is right that a CPFer wrote it. Notice it didn't say keep a flashlight, it said keep an "extra" flashlight. Anyone with more than one flashlight is either on this forum or soon will be once they start browsing for their next purchase.

mechBgon

Enlightened
An extra flashlight means you have to go buy another one. It can't be one of the ones you have already.

...right?