Best Balanced Flashlight?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well this IS one more "best" flashlight thread but this time the criteria is different...

Which is the most balanced flashlight?

In terms of size, duration, output, durability, usability etc?

I would say the Suredire E2DL....think of it...

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like a 6p with a 18650 battery and one of the many multi-mode drop-ins.
It will run for what seems forever on low,have seering output on high,and good runtime.All in a carry package that fits on a belt or a large pocket.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Ra Twisty 85-TR:

Three customizable levels
Stupid easy UI
Possibly the toughest light out there
Small size
Great regulated runtimes
RED OUTPUT
Also, aren't there AA and 18650 tubes available?

But... I also love the E2DL :D

carrot

Flashaholic
I can say it until I'm blue in the face-- McLux PD-S Mizer. I have found it to be the best all around, except in consideration of price... and well, heck, it's only money.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
In spite of my recent love affair with the LF3XT I still think the Proton Pro comes pretty close, especially if you factor in price. About as small as any 1AA, runs forever on low white or red, great clip, and a convenient side clickie. Other lights are certainly more durable, but most of us probably baby even our toughest ones.

Geoff

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always been partial to the Tiros X0, it did everything well and felt best doing so, even though some others did some things better. Of course like everything it is highly opinion based.

scottaw

Enlightened
I'm all for the 120P, it's up to you how you use it, good size, great clips, lots of battery options.

And the classic 6P of course. So many options there, just a great base.

Niconical

Enlightened
size, duration, output, durability, usability etc?

:thinking:

Surefire G2 + Malkoff M60L :)

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm all for the 120P, it's up to you how you use it, good size, great clips, lots of battery options.
+1 on that. I don't own mine anymore but still feel that 'overall' it's just about as good as it gets. I've got a feeling that most replies are going to tend towards a user's 'favorite' more than anything else. In that case, my vote would be for the Ti PD-S mizer.

And the 'size' factor is completely arbritrary to the individual IMO. For that reason, I'd group my replies into two categories: 1-cell and 2-cell

1-cell: Novatac 120P or Nitecore EX10 (honestly a toss up between them)
2-cell: Surefire L4

nksmfamjp

Newly Enlightened
IMO the Nitecore EX10 does a pretty good job, but is almost too small. Still, that is kind of a good thing when you are carrying it around in a pocket.

When I compare my EX10 to any Surefire, I see them as much bigger, focused on things like strike bezels and retailer development. Generally their lights are single or dual mode, with no UI really.

I like Surefire lights, but I think there are other lights which are as balanced, but overall at a higher level.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well nice points made...especially o the subjective size issue

I do not own any E-series flashlight though I ddo have a 6P and a C2..but even if they are the most VERSATILE ones they are beyond concealable for EDC....

So had I started allover I would go for one of the E2s as my primary one

sappyg

Enlightened
well this IS one more "best" flashlight thread but this time the criteria is different...

Which is the most balanced flashlight?

hmmmm :hairpull:

i think all "best" flashlight threads probably use similar criteria honestly. what is best for me may not be best for others.
this, to me, implies a stock flashlight as produced by the manufacturer with no modification. i'm thinking right now the flashlight that meets this definition the best is the "2008 flashlight of the year":party:
nitecore ex10.... CPR's chose this flashlight above 9 other competitors as the best of the best. the only other flashlight to come close to it was the nitecore d10. together we are looking at 45% of all votes cast.
a strong arguement can be made for either of these 2 flashlights

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
It's a very subjective question since "balanced" will still mean different things to different people. So in my subjective world and preferred format (single AA), that still means Zebralight SC51 and DST TLR Ti.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
For me it's the HDS Clicky but I'm positive that this will be surpassed when the HDS Rotary is finally released.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my E2DL, so much so that after I lost/gave away my first one, i bought another and left it in the box as I didn't want to damage it.

I currently carry a C2 with M61 and Z59 clicky. Running it on two IMR 16340. Fantastic light.The only drawback, is sometimes its TOO bright.

Second best and most useful light, A2L-red

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
size, duration, output, durability, usability etc?

:thinking:

Surefire G2 + Malkoff M60L :)

Well, since "Functionality" wasn't mentioned (multi-modes, etc.), I have to agree that this is a rather good combo of "duration, out-put, durability, usability"...K.I.S.S. definitely applies here...at first I was think the U2 or Kroma, honestly, but, yeah, this will do!

I may replace the G2 with a C2 for "usability", but, honestly, the G2 has it beat in the "durability"...try cracking or snapping either of the two lights and see which one gives first...

Wait...make that a G3 in stead of a G2...an increase in the "duration" department as well as an extra point in the usability department since you can use AA's in a pinch!

Last edited: