HA Surefires can saw through other lights?

Drjones

Enlightened
Hi all. I read that the anodization of the Surefires is so hard that they can actually saw through other lights.

Is there any truth to that?

Sorry, forgot exactly where I read it...

Thanks!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
a cpf member, "FC". well known but hasn't posted much lately.

Size15's

Flashaholic
One of the men at SureFire has also done this and told me so himself.

The E2e-HA has aggressive knurling - I really like it.

Al

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it, too. And, if I get a snagged fingernail, I use the E2e to file it down.

Does that mean it can file through nails? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
One of the men at SureFire has also done this and told me so himself.

The E2e-HA has aggressive knurling - I really like it.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too and it makes it possible to hold like a combat light, even without the rubber lip, because it's so "grippy"

BN

DHCrocks

Newly Enlightened
Well, I had my e2e-HA and a mag in a bag together and they got banged around a bit and the mag was all scratched up, the blue anodizing was scratched to the bare metal below and I couldn't even see any scratches on the e2e. I don't know about sawing through the mag though, but the HA is pretty damn tough.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rub a metal flashlight with any jagged edge against another flashlight and something's bound to give. I'm sure if the middle jagged knurling of a PM6 was rubbed against a plastic flashlight, it would bore a hole right through it in no time.

It's like the truck driving over a maglite commercial: who would want to drive over their flashlight?... Would anyone really want to use their $250+ M6 as a saw?