Cabela's Rechargeable Spotlights?

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
Hello again its been awhile since I have Posted on CPF, but I have come to a dead end.

I got a $50 Cabella's Gift Card for Christmas and have been torn between getting a few things for my Quad Bike or getting the 15-million candlepower Cabella's Spotlight (about 2,500 lumens)
I am a flashaholic!

I have looked around and about the only thing I can find out about this thing is that its huge! After reading all the reviews on cabellas.com I have come to the conclusion that too many people are torn between "Oh It Stinks", and "Oh Its Wonderful" thus here I am hopping to get a straight answer @ CPF but I can't find much here on it ether.

so...
Has anyone had any experience with this beast, is it worth it?, is it so big it needs a hand cart to truck it around, does it come with XM radio, leather bucket seats, & a heated cup holder, or should I buy crap for my Quad Bike Instead:sick2:

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
Cabela's 15,000,000 CP Rechargable Spotlight

I really think this is a great candidate for a HID Mod there is plenty of room behind the reflector for a slim ballast

SNC10305.jpg

Next to my Fenix T1 this thing looks massive!

SNC10306.jpg

Not exactly a Mil-spec Reflector.
This thing is full of artifacts that make the flood around the hotspot look jagged (beam shots coming soon I forgot my tripod)

SNC10307.jpg

I already changed the 130w/100w H4 bulb that it came with to a
60w/55W H4 Bulb @ 4000k I think it looks brighter than the stock bulb (It Definitely gives it more throw!)
I will get beam shots of both.

Last edited:

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
Artifacts :(

StockBulb.jpg

Here is the Stock 130w 100w Bulb.

4000kBulb.jpg

Here is the 4000k 60w/55w H4 bulb I think it gives better throw and is brighter at great distance, but it really shows the bad reflector

ReflectorArtifacting.jpg

Bad Reflector!

k.gif

The Original and the 4000k bulbs side by side

Last edited:

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
Run times

With both low and high beam on with the 60/55w bulb I get about 47 min of constant light then it's getting too low to call it a spotlight.

I will recharge it and get times with the original 130/100w bulb