Spy 2 cr2

Arcoholic

Enlightened
What would Dave and the public think of the spy driven by 2 cr2 batts?
i would love the smaller form factor realizing that this would be a big job only smaller.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I'm all about smaller lights, but for the SPY, a CR2 battery-powered light just doesn't make all that much sense to me.

CR123: 34.5mm long, 17 mm OD, 1500mAh (typical, lithium)
CR2: 27.0mm long, 15.6 mm OD, 750mAh (typical, lithium)

So, you'd lose maybe 6mm in length, and almost nothing on the side, and would have roughly half the capacity! :sick2:

That, and the STFu would probably have to be re-designed (relatively simple job.... right Dave?? :p Hehe).

Also, CR2's are no longer available in protected Li-Ion's from AW, which would be a bummer to not have a good rechargeable solution.

But, if Dave wants to make one, I'm all for it! :D

john

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say no to a new SPY, AA, Ncell, AAA, two 9vs BRING EM ON! lol

Mayo:tinfoil: (waiting for the oddjob special, two D SPY)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got to agree with John. I have 005s and now, two 007s. The concept was simple, the UI---well, user friendly (!) and the final light, priceless. I'm not against improvement but, a tad bit smaller or, larger or powered by different sized batteries......I just think cheapens the idea.....besides, there already is a design for a side by side Cr2 from a gentleman who has started giving his design some more thought. Watch the forums and you'll know who I mean.

Karl

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was powered by two CR2s it would be a micro-SPY! Cool . . . I think your suggestion is fun and I will store it away for a rainy day. The SPY is already smaller in two of it's dimensions than the "standard" 1xCR-123 light is. Are you not concerned it would be to small to hold on to?

Cheers
Dave

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The concept is cool and has been discussed and I believe prototyped by another member.

For my purposes, the size of the Spy 005 is about right; the Cr2 would be smaller and lighter and I seem to try and lose everything I carry :sigh:

jeffb