My child has shamed me...

Greta

Flashaholic
Today... of all days... on Mother's Day... my child has shamed me.

She was telling me that when she left her apartment yesterday, one of her snakes was missing. She said that she had looked all over the place before she left but couldn't find it. Then she told me that it's probably under the 'fridge but she wasn't able to look under there... because... because... oh the SHAME!!... she doesn't have a flashlight!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
icon13.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
Sasha,
If I remember correctly, proper edicate proclaims it is the mothers responsibility to supply and train each cub about flashlights before they fly the nest. I'm sure you could get some advice on which flashlight would best suit your daughter around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif dtsoll

Greta

Flashaholic
I know... I'm such a bad mother. I don't deserve recognition today... Bad mommy... bad, bad mommy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
<font color="red">the horror!</font>

you do realize, that the only reason she came over today was to pick up that flashlight right?

Saaby

Flashaholic
It's ok Sasha...you were fairly un-flashlighted just a short while ago yourself if I remeber correctly.

Did you let her borrow the singer?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Stylus might work well for scoping the crevice beneath the fridge.

As far as anyone saying you are a "Bad Mother" I would have to say to them, "Shut your mouth!"

A Shaft of light is good thing to have handy.

Greta

Flashaholic
She told me that the reason she didn't have a flashlight was because she didn't know what to buy and she didn't want to be a disappointment to me by going to KMart and buying some purple plastic thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif (obviously some of what I've been saying has sunk in)... and then she asked me if I had any extra flashlights laying around that she could have. "Extra flashlights?" I repeated as if she had grown another head. "Yes... one that you're not using."... That's when I realized that nothing at all had sunk in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch! Extra flashlights? Well, maybe this episode was some of the nourishment that the seed you planted needed.

Now, to explain my very weak joke: Think late 1970's.

"Bad Mother" + "Shut your mouth" + "Shaft of light" = small joke. Yes, it was a tiny joke. It was sooo small that...get the whip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif ...just talkin' 'bout Shaft... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmmmmm ... I found the Mini with an Opalec to be the perfect under-refrigerator light ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In fact that is one of the LED based lights I gave my mother. (She's since purchased a couple others!)

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you must use the correct tool for the job, so tell her to get one of these:

VP250T.jpg

The Black & Decker Snake Light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
Remember that the snake is a living creature with EYES.

Don't let her use an M6 or something powerful that could permanently blind the poor reptile.

I would choose an Arc AAA for snake hunting around the house.---Marc

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Under my fridge is the entire alphabet of magnetic letters that my daughter stuffs under there almost immediately after I pull them all out for her again... I'm pretty sure no snakes though!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MicroE said:
Remember that the snake is a living creature with EYES.

Don't let her use an M6 or something powerful that could permanently blind the poor reptile.

I would choose an Arc AAA for snake hunting around the house.---Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
Arc AAA won't help you to find the snake. Beside, snake doesn't use their eyes much. It is certainly not advisable to use M6 for the "poor reptile" but a stronger light than Arc AAA should do the job better. Perhaps using a Surge? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Icebreak... I get it... now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I have a Stylus and an Arc AAA... but both of those are in my purse as EDC. And I have my CPF G2... but that's in my purse also. My husband confiscated my other G2.. and my Quiqlite. No... I'm not giving up anything else.

There is an old Snakelight out in the garage... that actually would be a good light for her... LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
At least she does not have a Mag light. That would worse then not having a flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what she was referring to when she mentioned going to KMart and buying a purple plastic thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif,
I'm reading this post and can't believe that thread gets started as to what light to use for snake hunting.

Sasha, where did you go wrong? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Just kidding!don't blame yourself
You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink.
At least you know what to get her for christmas now. A bag of sox, a flashlight and one change of batteries. That'll teach her.

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
>>don't blame yourself

Well, webley, I blame Sasha.

I'm sure she talked to her child about the evils of sex, cigarettes, drugs, rock & roll. And she probably made sure her child dressed appropriately ... studied and did homework in a timely fashion ... attend church on a regular basis.

But why is it Sasha didn't talk to her child about flashlights?

Huh? I asked you. Was it that flashlights were too sensitive a topic? Or was Sasha too embarassed to talk to her child about flashlights (there are books available on how a parent should approach this subject!!!)

Another thing .... for the past several years, all I've given my adult, away-from-home children for birthdays and Christmas are flashlights.

Why is it Sasha didn't give her child a flashlight for a gift? Huh? Pure neglect, I say!

I seriously am thinking about reporting Sasha to DCFS ... she's obviously unfit to be a flashaholic parent.

Please, please, everyone ... talk to your children about flashlights ... before it's too late!!!!!

Greta

Flashaholic
ROTFLMAO!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Awesome, RV! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif