p7 donut holes

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
the p7 has donut holes in the beam? i'm seeing a thread or two stating this and was unaware before i spend $100 in parts for two builds. what the heck? i dont want a light four times as bright to be ruined by a crappy beam. what are you guys doing to avert this or am i mistaken in my understanding.

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
aluminum mag mop reflector, or a stippled stock reflector cleans it up nicely.
It can be focused out pretty good with a LOP Reflector
150-1.jpg

Greg G

Enlightened
DX has a P7 reflector for C & D M@gs that has a really smooth hotspot/corona. I bought several to keep on hand for future use.

No donut hole at all.

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
DX has a P7 reflector for C & D M@gs that has a really smooth hotspot/corona. I bought several to keep on hand for future use.

No donut hole at all.
yea i got one of those to the beam is flawless its just massive flood though not very good throw but its the perfect room sweeper.You can see it on the left in my picture there and the top doesnt screw all the way down unless you macgyver it with a dremel or something.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

No donut hole at all.
If you get this be a little careful. The reflcctor sits on top of the LED for best focus. One member cranked down too hard and broke the solder tabs on the LED making his light useless.

The reflector was originally designed for the WF-500 series of flashlights and the front bezel of a M@g would not screw down all the way leaving a small gap between the bezel and head.

The stock M@g reflector has artifacts however it is focussed. The donut hole is at tightest focus but slightly defocussing it will get rid of the donut but artifacts remain. Can confirm the DX reflector has a nice beam. M@g P7 with DX reflector on left. MTE 5 mode 900 Lumen AHEM on right.
MagP7DXreflector_MTE5modeP7.jpg