LiteFlux LF3XT Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, COMPARISONS, and more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Reviewer's Note: The LF3XT was purchased from CPF dealer LED Cool - see his Dealer's thread in CPFM.

UPDATE AUGUST 10, 2009: My review of the replacement tailcap with clip and 2xAA battery tube is now up. :)

UPDATE: After completing the review, my purchased LF3XT developed a fault on primary CR123A. LED Cool not only sent me a replacement unit, but one extra light to review as well. Summary results for all 3 units have been added to the review. To see detailed runtime comparisons, scroll down to post #2.

Warning: Pic heavy!

Manufacturer's claimed specifications
  • LED : CREE XR-E Q5 bin
  • Approximate LED current at 100% output level : 700ma when using CR123
  • Input voltage : 2.0V - 4.5V (CR123/16340)
  • Battery chemistry allowed : Primary Lithium CR123(3.0V), rechargeable Li-Ion 16340(4.2V) & rechargeable LiFePO4.
  • PWM Frequency 7800Hz.
  • Material = 6061 T6 Aluminium Alloy.
  • Tail press button machined from 6061 T6 Aluminium Alloy with shinny finish.
  • AR Coated glass lens.
  • Finishing : available in 1 colour - BLACK HA III.
  • O ring seal at lens, battery tube and tack switch.
  • Split ring hole at tail end. Stable tail stand.
  • All parts can be disassembled for cleaning and maintenance.
  • Water resistant for daily normal use. NOT suitable for diving or swimming.
  • Size: 80mm length. 23mm diameter.
  • Standard Accessories: Lanyard, 2pcs spare O rings, A small container of silicon lubricant for the o-rings, Instruction manual
LF3XT-2.jpg

The LF3XT is the latest offering from LiteFlux, building on the circuit and design of their sophisticated 1AA model, the LF5XT. This version actually features two separate user interfaces that you can switch between - a compact one that is very similar to the Nitecore EX10, and complex one that is closer to the Novatac 120P (but with more features and control).

LF3XT-1.jpg

The LiteFlux packaging is similar to older LF series, and comes with a nice wooden presentation box. Package contains a manual, wrist strap, spare o-rings, and lube. The wrist strap seems to be of fairly high quality, and is a nice addition.

(sorry for the dusty pics coming up, I was in a hurry ;))

LF3XT-3.jpg

LF3XT-4.jpg

The two-stage body design is fairly compact for a 1xCR123A/RCR light, and features a deep reflector and programmable clicky (scroll down for detailed pics).

Weight: 56.7g
Length x Width: 80.7mm x 23.0mm

LF3XT-7.jpg

LF3XT-8.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent on my sample - lettering is very clear and sharp, and the black type-III hard anodizing is flawless. Labels are kept to a minimum (although I've personally not crazy about Liteflux's stylized italics font).

The knurling is improved over early LiteFlux lights, where it was more for decoration - although still not overly aggressive here, it does help with grip. I do find the four protruding corners of the base a little sharp, and could stand to be rounded further.

LF3XT-5.jpg

The light uses the common Cree Q5 emitter, since R2s remain frustratingly hard to get in volume. All lights use premium cool white emitters, but LiteFlux dealer LED Cool may be able to select relatively warm/cool tints for those who are interested.

Reflector is deeper than most 1xCR123A/RCR lights, and is very finely textured - to the point where it appears like a fine haze over the reflector surface. Fairly unique to LiteFlux, this appearance actually reminds me a bit of my DIY sputtering jobs (although far more consistently applied here, of course). Scroll down for beamshots.

LF3XT-9.jpg

Build of this light is different from most. Since it uses a MCU in the head, a separate current path needs to be provided for the modes to work reliably. Like the LF5XT, there is a brass sleeve that the battery sits inside, which connects the tailcap switch to the retaining ring in the head. A good comparable would be the Novatac lights, where this is done with a spring that runs around the battery.

LF3XT-10.jpg

Although it may look similar to the NiteCore "Piston Drive", the LF3XT still uses an actual tailcap switch underneath the battery sleeve. But the switch is not your typical clicky - it is more like those found on modern electronic devices. A good way to describe it is like the on/off button on your LCD monitor, as compared to the traditional clicky switches found on old CRTs. The feel is actually more similar to the Novatac series lights, but with less tactile feedback on my LF3XT sample.

The screw threads are anodized on the body tube, so lock-out is possible. :thumbsup:

Note that unlike the LF5XT, the battery sleeve doesn't appear to be user-removable - it doesn't seem to want to come out on mine at any rate, and I don't plan to force it.

UPDATE JANUARY 13, 2009: Seems like the battery sleeve can come out - you need to unscrew the tail retaining plate (using a small screwdriver in the lanyard hole, and turning counter-clockwise from the body tube). The battery sleeve then falls out of the back-end of the body tube.

LF3XT-11.jpg

The switch can also be disassembled from the tail retaining plate, using a pair of fine tweezers or snap-ring pliers. Here's what you'll find inside:

LF3XT-12.jpg

User Interface

The LF3XT is a remarkably versatile light, with a dual user-selectable interface that should please KISS-fans as well those wanting a fully user-customizable light. :kiss:

But first a warning: there is a lag before a button press is registered by the MCU and the light responds. This means a noticeable lag in operation - but it also means you can't rapidly double-click within 0.3 secs, or the light won't register the two separate actions (i.e. you have to allow 0.3 secs between each click). This takes some getting used to - but once you master taking it a bit slower, you should have no problems controlling the light.

In Compact User Interface (CUI), the light is remarkably similar to the Nitecore EX10 - but with a few improvements. The EX10 interface is pretty simple - with the head fully tightened, click for on/off. When on, press and hold to begin the ramp, release to select the desired level. Shortcuts to min (double-click) and max (click-press/hold) are included.

The main complaint with the EX10 interface is that your custom-set level is erased when you use the shortcuts (i.e. jump to min, and min is now your new custom-set level). The second complaint is that you have try twice to activate the ramp after using a shortcut, since it remembers the previous ramp direction.

In contrast, the LF3XT retains the user-selected output even when shortcuts are used. The way this works is that the shortcuts are actually a toggle - e.g. double-click for min, double-click again and you are back to your pre-selected user level. :thumbsup: This is actually very useful, except it also means that every time you turn the light on it comes back to the user defined level (i.e. if you use the shortcut to min or max and turn off the light, it will still come back on at the pre-defined level). This is likely an improvement for more users, although probably not ideal for all.

The LF3XT ramp works as expected on every attempt. You can also re-program your LF3XT to act as a momentary-on instead of click-on (like you can do on the EX10 by unscrewing the head slightly), but I find this less useful for either interface.

The Full-Function User Interface (FUI) is much more complex, and similar to the LF5XT. Although the light is easy to use in practice once programmed, I suspect you will find you need to refer to the manual frequently when you want to re-program any features. Please refer to LED Cool's dealer thread on CPFMP or the discussion thread here on CPF for more info on how to use it. There's also a revised english manual maintained by matrishaman here, and a programming flowchart that Budman231 created (for those more visually-inclined).

One revised feature that I will mention is the low voltage over-discharge protection system has been separated for NiMH and Li-ion cells. Although the LF3XT only takes 1xCR123A/RCR at present, an optional 2xAA battery tube is planned for the near future.

I plan to do a review of the 2xAA battery configuration once it becomes available. We will see if they have fixed the issue with the low-voltage shut-off problem with the LF5XT. Briefly, that light always shut-off on NiMH or alkaline at ~1V, regardless of whether the low voltage over-discharge protection feature was enabled (see my LF5XT review for more info).

Personally, I find the CUI very well suited to EDC use. Fans of the Novatac-style lights or LF5XT may prefer to use the sophisticated FUI (which you can customize to exactly the way you want). But the CUI is pretty intuitive and easy to remember right out of the box. :twothumbs

Comparison Review

LF3XT-6.jpg

From left to right: Duracell CR123A, LiteFlux LF3XT, Nitecore EX10, Fenix P2D, Dereelight C2H, JetBeam Jet-II PRO, Novatac 120P, Nitecore Extreme

As you can see, the light is a bit bigger than the Nitecore EX10, but I actually like the extra heft.

Comparison Beamshots

All lights are on 100% on AW RCR, except for the Surefire E1B which is on primary Duracell CR123A. Distance is about 0.5 meters from a white wall.

1/25sec, f3.2
CR3-25-1.jpg

C9-Beam1.jpg

CR1-25.jpg

1/100sec, f3.2
CR3-100-1.jpg

C9-Beam3.jpg

CR1-100.jpg

1/800sec, f3.2
CR3-800-1.jpg

C9-Beam5.jpg

CR1-800.jpg

As you can see, the beam profile is very distinctive on the LF3XT - you have a much narrower (but brighter) spillbeam than most lights, thanks to the deeper reflector. Cree rings are also greatly reduced, and the hotspot is a little broader than most lights. Frankly, I find this profile to be a lot more SSC-like than Cree-like. :) Tint on my sample is quite warm, which I personally like (I asked LED Cool to select a warm tint).

Testing Method: All my output numbers are relative for my home-made light box setup, a la Quickbeam's flashlightreviews.com method. You can directly compare all my relative output values from different reviews - i.e. an output value of "10" in one graph is the same as "10" in another. All runtimes are done under a cooling fan, except for the extended run Lo/Min modes which are done without cooling.

Throw values are the square-root of lux measurements taken at 1 meter from the lens, using a light meter.

Throw/Output Summary Chart:

LF3XT-Summary-1.gif

LF3XT's peak throw is toward the lower end of my 1xCR123A/RCR lights, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for an EDC (it is pretty comparable to the Novatac or Incendio).

Max overall output is fairly typical for a light this size, and consistent with the reported 700mA driving current (there are larger lights that are more heavily driven). Low output is particularly impressive - on primary CR123A, the LF3XT can actually go as low as my Novatac 120P. :eek:oo: This is even lower than the LF5XT.

UPDATE: With the receipt of the extra 2 samples, I've added their output/throw results to the table above. As you can see, there is no real difference in terms of overall output. However, throw varied a bit - one new sample had ~10% more throw than the original, and the other had ~20% more throw. I suspect this is due to slight differences in how well-focussed the samples were set in the factory.

Variable Output Ramping

LF3XT-Ramp.gif

The LF3XT has two ways to adjust brightness through the FUI - step-wise "logarithmically" (which is visually-linear) or "linearly" (which will take you in much slower steps). The CUI uses a visually-linear ramp upon press-and-hold that is much faster than the FUI manual stepping. It is in fact very similar to the Nitecore EX10 and ITP C9 (shown above). The LF3XT fast CUI ramping time is about ~1 sec longer than those lights.

Output/Runtime Comparison:

LF3XT-RCRMax.gif

LF3XT-RCRMed.gif

LF3XT-RCRLo.gif

LF3XT-PrimMax.gif

LF3XT-PrimMed.gif

LF3XT-PrimLo.gif

Output/Runtime Comments:

Max output and runtime pattern are remarkably similar between the LF3XT and the Nitecore EX10 - although my EX10 sample has longer runtime on max. I suspect this is largely due to variation in Vf, so YMMV. :shrug:

On the lower outputs, the LF3XT tends to have a slight runtime advantage on RCR, but is less tightly regulated than some of the other lights shown here. I haven't done as many lower mode CR123A runs, but performance is definitely in keeping with the competition so far.

In summary, no major surprises here - the LF3XT performs pretty much as I would expect for a continuously-variable light. :)

UPDATE: To see the runtimes of the two new samples, see post #2. Frankly, I've very impressed at how little variability there was in output or runtime. :drool:

Potential Issues

As mentioned previously, the 0.3 sec lag in responding to some button presses takes a little getting used to. The button also has a much shorter traverse, in keeping with an electronic switch as opposed to a traditional clicky. Not really problems per se, just a different set of expectations.

That being said, I have found the button feel of my LF3XT to be a bit soft, leading to uncertainty if a press has been registered (i.e. sometimes lacks tactile feedback). Can't say I had any problems with my LF5XT, which was crisp and clear for this type of switch.

UPDATE: Scroll down this thread for a further discussion of this issue, and a potential resolution. Of the replacement samples, I found one has a very crisp feel, while the other feels much like the first sample described here. This can be improved with a little user maintenance.

General Observations

I'm very impressed with my LF3XT.

The most remarkable thing about this light is the dual interface. They've taken the powerful-yet-simple UI of the Nitecore EX10, and the advanced programmable UI of the LF5XT/Novatac, updated both with new features, and then put them together into one light! :eek:oo:

Having EDCed lights using both approaches over the years, I appreciate the merits of each method. But to able to have both in one light, with the ability to easily switch between them, is brilliant. Credit where credit is due - my hat's off to LiteFlux on this one. :bow:

It's nice to see the small touches on this circuit that improve over other lights. The enhanced memory mode for the user-selected level in the CUI is a nice addition over the EX10. LiteFlux has also taken the minor issues associated with the LF5XT - which was a good light, but had a few quirks - and corrected them with the release of the LF3XT. Note that min output is now close to my Novatac 120P, something the LF5XT couldn't match. :thumbsup:

The LF3XT beam is also very nice, with one of the smoothest transitions from spot to spill I've seen in a Cree light (very SSC-like, in fact). Keep in mind the LF3XT is not a thrower, and the spillbeam (although bright) is narrower than most lights. This is not really a problem - I discovered while carrying my LF5XT around that you quickly adapt to it (i.e. I had unconsciously switched from carrying the light forward in front of me, to holding it up closer to my head, before figuring out why the beam didn't seem so narrow after all! :laughing:).

Another reason I bought this light is for the planned 2AA battery tube option, expected to be available soon. Although I know many manufacturers who promised updates that never came, I am impressed that they've already programmed into the circuit separate control over low-voltage/battery shut-down options for unprotected Li-ion and NiMH. The LF5XT is the first light I've seen with this clever feature for NiMH, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on the LF3XT once the 2AA tube comes out.

Build quality feels really solid and well made. In fact, my only niggling issue is with the button feel, but that could be specific for my light (again, I thought the LF5XT switch was fine, once you got used to it). That, and a clip would be nice. ;)

What more can I say – there's a lot to love here. :kiss: Well done!

P.S.: My review of the replacement tailcap with clip and 2xAA battery tube is now up. :)

LF3XT2AA-5.jpg

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Since completing the testing for this review, something on the circuit of my LF3XT has shorted out on primary CR123A, leading to a burnt smell and drastically reduced output (although still runs fine on RCR). I have contacted LED Cool about a RMA. In the absense of other reports, I don't want to make a big deal out of this - over the years, I have had to RMA lights for defective circuits with Fenix, JetBeam, Dereelight, Lumapower, etc. This is the first time anything has happened to one of my LiteFlux lights, so I suggest we all just give them the benefit of the doubt.

UPDATE: LED Cool has responded to my RMA request, and is sending 2 replacements to increase the sample size results here. I will also be returning my malfunction light back to him, so he can investigate the source of the fault.

UPDATE February 6, 2009: The 2 replacement samples have arrived, and summary results have been added the main review in post #1. I've done several runtime tests, and show the comparison results below:

LF3XT3-PrimMax.gif

LF3XT3-PrimMed.gif

LF3XT3-RCRMax.gif

LF3XT3-RCRMed.gif

I cannot believe how little output/runtime variability I'm seeing here! :eek:oo: Recall those are traces from 3 different lights. :faint:

Of course, I've used the same RCR cell for all tests, and Surefire batteries from the same lot for the primary runs, to try to minimize my variables. But honestly, I typically get at least that much variability when I re-run the same light in my lightbox repeatedly.

I'm very impressed that 3 samples of the LF3XT could produce such extremely good concordance on 4 different battery/output configs.

UPDATE: February 7, 2009

One area where the 3 lights differ is in how well focussed the reflector is. Here are some detailed comparisons:

LF3XT-14.jpg

LF3XT-15.jpg

LF3XT-16.jpg

As you can see, there is no great difference in the beam patterns. However, my lux meter shows that the replacement samples have ~10% and ~20% more throw than the original.

Here is how the front ends look:

LF3XT-13.jpg

Again, there is no great difference here. Upon examining the lights individually, it looks to me like the light with the greatest throw has the emitter slightly less recessed into the reflector than the others. Again, the difference is slight, and well within the variability I would expect for a manually-adjusted feature during assembly.

My thanks again to Khoo (LED Cool) for the extra samples. :thumbsup:

P.S.: One thing about buying from LED Cool - Malaysia has the most interesting stamps I've seen on a package (which was well packed by LED Cool):

LF3XT-0.jpg

Last edited:

madi05

Enlightened
as usual a very nice review,, all i can say it is my favorite light right now, lol i put me a clip on it and keep it with me all the time, i find it to be fun to play with (i dont really find any hesitation in the clicker , but i took mine apart and greased it up good, lol and i can see that could make it soft feeling if it is dry)and it is pretty darn bright , i compare it to my jetbeam M ,, it may not out throw it but to me it is more useful for around the house ,, inside and out

i can add to the brass sleeve slides out when u unscrew the tailcap out only ,, and u can simply put tweezers in the two holes in the back of the pill to remove it and change the lens or orings , i'm going to have mine pvd coated and install me a tritium vial in the clicker and put me some red orings on it , i just love the red orings in the the jetbeam M ,, i love cosmetics, lola

i love your reviews they make me feel like i made good choices :D

madi05

Last edited:

primox1

Newly Enlightened
Eric, thanks for buying and reviewing this light for us! :kiss:
Amazing UI and beam, but Im not sure if its worth getting, since I already have the ex10...

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
selfbuilt- great review!

i'm sorry you got a bad light- i did too. i've been waiting for eliteled to rma mine for a very long week now. i hope you have better cs with your malaysian connection :)

notso

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Thanks for another great review, selfbuilt. It's always nice to have someone like yourself, who sees and really tests many lights, feel good about a light you own. Sorry to hear yours' is giving trouble. I hope it returns quickly.

Geoff

HKJ

Flashaholic
Amazing UI and beam, but Im not sure if its worth getting, since I already have the ex10...

That depends, for just getting some light the ex10 is fine, but if you want a light to play with, the LF3XT is very good.
As long as the Nitecore interface does all that your want, there is no reason to get the LiteFlux when your have the NiteCore. But if your want some more possibilities and do not mind a complex interface, the LiteFlux is IT.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
(i dont really find any hesitation in the clicker , but i took mine apart and greased it up good, lol and i can see that could make it soft feeling if it is dry) ... i can add to the brass sleeve slides out when u unscrew the tailcap out only
Thanks for that - I've just trying tightening against the switch, and it does seem help a bit with the button feel. Have to wait until I get new head to test it more thoroughly. I've added that point to the review. :)

i'm sorry you got a bad light- i did too. i've been waiting for eliteled to rma mine for a very long week now. i hope you have better cs with your malaysian connection :)
I'm sure Khoo (LED Cool) will deal with it promptly - hope EliteLED makes it right for you too. Out of curiosity, what was the issue with your light?

It's always nice to have someone like yourself, who sees and really tests many lights, feel good about a light you own.
Thanks guys. As an aside, I noticed the discussion of buying vs receiving lights for review in the LF3XT discussion thread.

I can see why most would think that it would easier to be biased in favour of lights you were sent to review. But in fact, I think our collective experience here shows how easy it is to become enamored with what you've bought with your own hard cash. This is why "customer satisfaction survey" numbers for new cars - where the customer is surveyed within a month of purchase - invariably yield >90% satisfied responses (who is not satisfied with something they've bought after doing research ahead of time?). It's not hard to become a fanboi ... :whistle:

In my own case, I tend to buy lights that I already expect to be high quality, based on feedback here (e.g. Eagletac) or previous experience (e.g. LiteFlux, Regalight, Fenix, etc.). It's often the lights that I get sent to review that experience issues. Although here too, I turn down reviewing lights that I don't think would be worth my time, so there is some pre-selection for the higher quality offerings.

At the end of the day, this is why I like relying on quantitative data - the throw, output, and runtime data are what they are. :) Although even here, everyone needs to keep in mind we generally talking n=1 sample.

:wave:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Excellent work once again - a fine review of what is clearly a very good light.

The LF3XT seems to be a head-on challenge to the EX10, and with the extra dual-UI features, many will prefer the added versatility. Others may find the UI too complicated - Budman's flow-chart will be useful. The beam looks very nice and smooth.

It's good to see another high-quality 1-cell light here to maintain the competitive standard. Let's hope there will be swift fix for that short-circuit problem.

Moving this to the Reviews section.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure Khoo (LED Cool) will deal with it promptly - hope EliteLED makes it right for you too. Out of curiosity, what was the issue with your light?

:wave:[/quote]

i had several issues beginning with it not ramping up or down, then i noticed it stayed warm all the time, even when off, and when i left it sitting on my desk for a few hours i came back to find a dead battery. it also didn't seem very bright compared to my lost ex-10. i thought i must have somehow done something wrong in the ui, so i reset it and i got it to ramp, but it still stayed warm, never really got very bright, and kept eating batteries.

after emails back and forth to eliteled i decided to return it,
so i ordered another one- and paid for it- but they cancelled my order and told me i had to send this one back first. i wasn't happy having to wait, but i sent it back via usps priority mail 8 days ago... they say they don't have it yet:crazy:

i would have ordered mine from khoo because of his reputation for excellent service, but i wanted mine before christmas and eliteled is only a couple of states away:thinking:

notso

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt, thank you for the excellent review! It was long awaited and there is no disappointment in waiting for it.

There a couple of things that I think need to be mentioned. First of all, the LF3XT has eliminated the turn on delay that was present in the LF5XT. It comes on instantly. There IS a 0.3 sec delay when the light is turned off or when changing levels, which is a necessity with a light of this type because it doesn't know if you are going to be issuing 1 click to turn off the light, or multiple clicks to do some other operation. It needs to wait to see what you are going to do.

While perhaps it need not be mentioned, since it was a feature of the LF5XT, a very useful function on the LF3XT is its battery voltage reporting. I am not sure how many other makers have this feature on their lights, but I ams certainly pleased that LiteFlux thought to incorporate this valuable feature. I am never caught by surprise that my battery needs changing since the report is a test of the battery under actual load conditions.

With regard to a reviewer spending his own hard cash for a light, I believe the review can be more biased as you said in favor of the light if the reviewer really likes the light. He may be rationalizing his wise purchase decision. However, if the light is disappointing and he feels his money is wasted, he can be more direct in his criticism than he might be had a maker or dealer sent him a free lights to review. Considering you had a sample failure, and your review is still ovrall very postitive, speaks lots about how you much you seem to like this light. I hope your replacement works as flawlessly as mine has.

Finally,It is unfortunate that small manufacturers like LiteFlux come out with a great product and do not get the notice or sales they deserve. Until people with your stature and experience review the product, few believe a little maker can even stand in the shadow of the big name makers who get big sales numbers often on hype or expectations alone. I am thrilled with my LF3XT and have been quite vocal about it in order to spread the love around. While I believe people are beginning to take notice of LiteFlux it seems to have taken a while. Again thanks for your great review! It helps a lot.

Last edited:

primox1

Newly Enlightened
That depends, for just getting some light the ex10 is fine, but if you want a light to play with, the LF3XT is very good.
As long as the Nitecore interface does all that your want, there is no reason to get the LiteFlux when your have the NiteCore. But if your want some more possibilities and do not mind a complex interface, the LiteFlux is IT.

Yeah, I guess it just comes down to some more bells and whistles. The UI seems like a lot of fun, but I guess I'll hold off for something in the future :candle:. Gotta be wise with the $$$. Thanks.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, the biggest reason, IMO, to get the LF3XT is not just all the bells and whistles. It sure has them! (They are the bonus or the frosting on the cake. ) The biggest reason to get the LF3XT is for the reason we all buy flashlights, the light! By that I mean, the LF3XT has the smoothest, most beautiful beam of any single cell light that I own, regardless or price or interface. It provides a lower low with just as bright a high as the EX10. It certainly is the only single cell EDC light that has figured out how to tame the Q5. And if you compare it to the EX10 GDPLUS, IMO, it even beats the smoother beam on that. How? There is no color variation from hotspot to spill; no yellow corona around the hotspot; no bluish spill. From hotspot to spill the tint on the LF3XT is consistent.

madi05

Enlightened
well im sry u had that kind of experience ,, i actually bought mine straight from the liteflux company, paid 62 even for it via paypal and it was shipped out that day and he replied to every email very fast and i asked for the warmer tint and to chek to make sure it function properly and he said he did and i got it after a week i believe and it hasnt missed a beat yet, had a speck on the inside of the glass and asked them how to remove and he sent me a diagram and told me to be careful when doing this ,, basically not to mess up the reflector ,, lol

madi05