Blackhawk Legacy XHR7 Vs.Legacy X12

Hardrock74

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone compared any of these lights?

The Legacy X12 is a 12 volt light rated at 220 lumens found here:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Night-Ops-Legacy-X12-Xenon-12V-220-Lumens,506,40.htm

And the XHR7 is a 7.2 volt rechargeable rated at 350 lumens found here:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Legacy-XHR7,1006,40.htm

I'm looking for the brightest of the two. On the web site they rate the X-12 as bright as 22 D cell lights and the XHR7 as bright as 8-9 D cell lights.

Obviously the rechargeable light would be the preference.

Any thoughts?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a big fan of incans or Blackhawk - otherwise, both lights have merit.

What do you intend to do with it?

-Trevor

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd suggest you take a look at Wolf-Eyes - probably better quality than those Blackhawks and most likely you'll find a comparable one or better for a lot less money. A lot of members here have Wolf-Eyes lights (I've got 3) but I don't think I've seen anyone with a Blackhawk except for the Gladius. And it turned out that the Blackhawk Gladius was just a rebranded Typhoon but the nearly doubled the price for the Blackhawk name. One of our members here is an excellent Wolf-Eyes dealer here I think there may be one or two more dealers around too. I just checked that page and see a 750 Lumen Cree LED based light that runs 110 minutes and is rechargeable. LED based of course means NO bulbs to burn out or replace. That light looks a lot size wize and shape wise like the Blackhawk legacy. It's only $149. I know which one I'd buy :D

Hardrock74

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replys! The wolf-eyes looks like the way to go.

I work in law enforcement and would be using the light to spot people as far away as possible(with a hand held light).

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to take a minute and browse some of the other threads of LEOs and flashlight suggestions.

-Trevor

Stormchaser1

Newly Enlightened
I'd suggest you take a look at Wolf-Eyes - probably better quality than those Blackhawks and most likely you'll find a comparable one or better for a lot less money. A lot of members here have Wolf-Eyes lights (I've got 3) but I don't think I've seen anyone with a Blackhawk except for the Gladius. And it turned out that the Blackhawk Gladius was just a rebranded Typhoon but the nearly doubled the price for the Blackhawk name. One of our members here is an excellent Wolf-Eyes dealer here I think there may be one or two more dealers around too. I just checked that page and see a 750 Lumen Cree LED based light that runs 110 minutes and is rechargeable. LED based of course means NO bulbs to burn out or replace. That light looks a lot size wize and shape wise like the Blackhawk legacy. It's only $149. I know which one I'd buy :D

Any idea if this is a thrower?

Latest posts