Leatherman S2.....Finally A Product Made Just For Me!!!

cslinger

Enlightened
So I picked up a Leatherman S2 from Amazon because it was AAA, two level and has a clicky button. You see, my problem with twisty lights, especially in this form factor is they always eventually turn on or unscrew in my pocket with my keys.

The button on the S2 requires a very deliberate press to activate.

All that aside this seems like a really nice light.

Great low
Really impressive high from this form factor
Great spill
Well made, well finished
Inexpensive

I really like it.

That is all. :D

Chris

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
If Fenix made an LOD/LD01 with Al body, SS bezel, clicky and or twisty as the S2 can do both, flawless black mat finish, two modes and nice white beam people would be all over it.

Funny thing is they do. It is the Leatherman S2:grin2:

I EDC mine.

100_9947.jpg

100_9945.jpg

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two modes are nice but it looks huge, like it could easily fit a AA battery in there, so whats the point of it having a AAA? You can also get a 35 lumen light that will fit on a keychain, not that edc's need to be that small. How much is cheap? it seems pretty pricey to me from a quick google search but those prices could be off.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Leatherman underrates the lumens BIG TIME. It has the same runtime and lumens of a LOD Q4 so guessing 60ish on high. Looks that way when I compare it to my other lights. Yea the clicky makes it a bit too big for the keychain. However I use a cheap lithium button cell type light for that. The S2 is my EDC.

EMS has it on sale for 38.50. I got it for less due to a better sale during the holiday. Still the price is on par with the LD01 and maybe less for a good shopper. The S1 is only 21 bucks from EMS. Have that one too and like the E01 with clicky. Mine even has a better tint and a bit brighter than my E01 but that could be the lottery as it is called.

EDIT.

The light is way too thin to ever fit an AA.

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Wow, I love these!

..I couldn't make up my mind so I ordered all three. :tinfoil: (this place is horrible!!!)
I'm especially liking the clip design on the S3. :thumbsup:

..can't wait to get'em! Thanks for posting. ( I think...)

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Leatherman underrates the lumens BIG TIME. It has the same runtime and lumens of a LOD Q4 so guessing 60ish on high. Looks that way when I compare it to my other lights. Yea the clicky makes it a bit too big for the keychain. However I use a cheap lithium button cell type light for that. The S2 is my EDC.

EMS has it on sale for 38.50. I got it for less due to a better sale during the holiday. Still the price is on par with the LD01 and maybe less for a good shopper. The S1 is only 21 bucks from EMS. Have that one too and like the E01 with clicky. Mine even has a better tint and a bit brighter than my E01 but that could be the lottery as it is called.

EDIT.

The light is way too thin to ever fit an AA.

oh crap, thanks for letting us know. at first i thought it was a water down version of the l0d with less efficiency.
good to know that they are conservative with the rating. i gotta keep an eye for that bigger discount ems had.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
well you've gotten me interested, ill try wandering by ems one of these days.....

oregon

Enlightened
Was the EMS price better than it is now @ $45.49 shipped?

I had one, loved it, lost it, not so mad at myself just now and I like a bargain.

I thought the clip was top drawer safe but I will lanyard the next one to me in order to keep it safe.

oregon

cslinger

Enlightened
No way it will fit a AA. Basically it is a tad thicker then a Peak Matterhorn and a bit longer.

Output is easily 35-45 lumens on high. When compared to other lights I own I would lean towards the 35-45 number being under rated.

I don't know if it was ever confirmed that Fenix made these lights but the body does look like a Fenix body.

I will say that I much prefer the always comes on low, no strobes, no SOS's etc. just high and low. Simple, useful, very bright and on low should have a very adequate run time. Low by the way is pretty bright and more then useful enough for general illumination indoors or out. If anything low is too bright.

Last edited:

Centropolis

Enlightened
The two modes are nice but it looks huge, like it could easily fit a AA battery in there, so whats the point of it having a AAA? You can also get a 35 lumen light that will fit on a keychain, not that edc's need to be that small. How much is cheap? it seems pretty pricey to me from a quick google search but those prices could be off.

Check this post. It is not that big.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2749143&postcount=34