Question For Those With 25+ Flashlights.

Holepuncher

Enlightened
Simple question. Where do you keep them all. I lost count of how many I have but its close to fifty. Half of them are in a hutch drawer in the dining room, rolling around every time the drawer is opened and closed. Some more are in a draw in the computer room. The rest are on my workbench and in some drawers on the workbench. I have looked around for some type of not to big wall mount display type of thing maybe with glass doors to keep some of the nicest one in but cant seem to come up with anything. So if you got your in some type of display tell me where you got it and if possible show a pic. I need ideas.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
No display yet for me but I think a simple corner curio cabinet would do the job well.

A set of floating shelves would be another nice alternative.

Right now mine are lined up in a walk-in closet.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Drawer, with those I don't use in little bags for protection. The "current faves" on the desk, which is about 10 flashlights.

Holepuncher

Enlightened

Well closets out for me. I dont have a walk in closet. Of the 5 closets I do have my wife has 4 of them filled with dresses, blouses and shoes. Oh the shoes :ohgeez: Its maddening. All my clothes are in the 1 smallest closet.

Holepuncher

Enlightened
Another 4-5 dozen are standing on my desk and computer table.

LOL. Theres just something comical about that statment. Talking about flashlights by the dozens. Next thing you know someone will be saying they have 4-5 gross stashed somewhere.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have them all over the place. My keychains, car, my computer desk, bedroom shelves, night table, basement, etc. :)

I have a couple of these for more smaller to medium sized flashlights. It works well for storing extra lights, or putting most of my collection into them to take to a flashlight get together, etc:

http://countycomm.com/collector.htm

I could probably use a 3rd. :)

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
OMG, I've got to get the hell out of here. :caution:

I used to just smile at the term "flashaholic" but I ordered THREE new flashlights last night. ..on a whim! ..and just because I couldn't make up my mind! :tinfoil: I think I'll be OK for a bit by just telling myself I'm doing research. ..yeah, that's it. research. I'm better now.

Sorry for being off topic but Don's amazing pictures and the thread title and comments so far just put me to :thinking:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most of my bigger lights are in foam tubes, in totes, in a closet.
Good idea!

I've got a bunch of older lights that are packed away in a plastic tub, but they're all wrapped up and I can't get to any of them without unpacking most of the tub.

Paladin

Enlightened
I use plastic storage boxes from Academy. The Plano #3620's and #3670's work for 9P sized lights, and let you place dividers as needed. The #3600 will hold 6 L2 sized lights.

Paladin

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SO gave me (let me keep) an out of the way two door under counter cabinet for all my lights, batteries, chargers, etc.

I have a few plastic bins in there to organize things.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Most are either in my basement cave or a bedroom cabinet. A few in the living room/kitchen area and a few in the car. I attempted once to arrange them neatly in a case, but quickly outgrew it. Only a handful deserve careful treatment anyway.

Geoff

scottaw

Enlightened
A few months ago I went through and found a useful place for each light, nightstand, car, bob, pocket, camping pack. Anything that didn't find a home, found a new home on the b/s/t.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 190-200 flashlights. I EDC several, have a few strewn throughout my apartment for occasional use, some by my bedside, some in the car, some in my work bag. But most of them are in several plastic rubbermaid containers, and other small shoebox sized plastic containers.

fredb

Newly Enlightened
Oddly, except for a 3D Mag and an Arc AAA, I keep them all on on my desk and play with them while I wait for software to compile or am on the phone. I work from home, so there are no co-worker comments to deal with or fears of lights walking away.

Not that it really started out like that, mind you. I do have a shelf where they are supposed to live, but over the course of time and one-by-one, they have found their way to my desk. If I were to replace them, they'd just find their way back.

GPB

Enlightened
I have a little wire mesh shelf that slides under another shelf in a bedroom armoire that will hold about 15 lights. That's about the limit that I am willing to keep clean, lubed, loaded with batteries, etc. Its enough that I am well equipped for whatever need might arrise, but it also forces me to choose which lights get to stay on the shelf, and which get put into semi-retirement. I still have one in the kitchen, one in each car, one in the garage, etc but they are permanently assigned to those spots, and are generally not very good lights.

The Sun

Enlightened
No display yet for me but I think a simple corner curio cabinet would do the job well.

A set of floating shelves would be another nice alternative.

well, usually at least one is in the pocket of the pants i'm hopefully wearing :thumbsup:

and then +1 on the closet

i've been looking too but have been unsuccessful. i may just build something :shrug:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple question. Where do you keep them all.

Well since you asked ;)
  • 3 at the back door
  • 1 in the kitchen
  • 1 in the small bathroom
  • 1 in the main bathroom
  • 4 in the living room
  • 5 in the car
  • 4 in the bedroom
  • 19 in the computer room, with all but two within reach
  • 1 in my laptop backpack
  • 1 in my left front pocket
  • 1 in my wife's purse
I have all of our lights listed in a spreadsheet so I know where they are.

I also have a spreadsheet for the batteries so I know which cells are in which lights.

If only my life was as organized as my lights and batteries :whistle:

D-Dog

Enlightened
I have all of our lights listed in a spreadsheet so I know where they are.

I also have a spreadsheet for the batteries so I know which cells are in which lights.

wow... that takes flashaholism to a new level :whistle:

I don't own 25 lights, however, I do live in a dorm so space (and money :p) is limited. I've been collecting for over two years now and as of today, I keep 2 on my bookshelf (The guys I'm selling), one with my batteries (Intelli), one by my bed, and one in my closet, two by my computer... and of course, my EDC. I also have two LED booklights (magnetic), around the room along with 4 LED area lights.