Any L1D Q5 fans here??

todo

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one today. And would like to here some feedback pros or cons welcome. I also have a P3D are the two comparable?

My intended use with the L1D will be as a front shirt pocket light. However I am a big fan of lanyard lights and I am gonna give it a go hanging around my neck as well. I currently carry an LOD on a lanyard, and I realize the L1D will be a bit bigger and possible to uncomfortable to carry in this way, so it may not work out. But being brighter and also having a back button would be nice to have on my lanyard light.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may like the LD01 better for a shirt pocket light or a neck light. It is much smaller but bright enough for most tasks.

Bill

loanshark

Enlightened
The L1D is a fantastic light. It's a bit large for a shirt pocket if you ask me. But I'll bet you'll be happy with it.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1D is a fantastic light. It's a bit large for a shirt pocket if you ask me. But I'll bet you'll be happy with it.

+1 !

I'm not a huge AA lights fan and with the E3P, which you can't compare to the L1D, it's my only 1AA light.

The output is quite OK, bright on high, turbo is a power-consuming luxury. The beam is nice, the official Cree rings are present of course (SMO).

I feed it with a Panasonic Infinium (Eneloops can't really be found around here...) which seems to be a good combo.

The only con I found is that it doesn't have an anti-roll, attaching the lanyard partly fixes that problem, at least on a nightstand. I use it with the red filter at night, so I even have a complete anti-roll...

Highly recommendable!!! :cool:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I like both the L1D and my brother did too when he took it back to England with him! Personally I'd rather carry a L0D on a neck lanyard, but if you can carry the P3D then the smaller L1D should work too.