Coast LED Lenser T7/P7

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Just received my new T7 today & noticed that the beam is a lot warmer than the new updated 149 lumen 7736TS which has a more distinct bluish/purplish tint. I can live with it, but would prefer the purplish tint and was wondering if any other T7/P7 owners have a warm or cooler tint. Maybe that's just the way they come or I have an oddball in the bunch.

Thanks!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My P7 has a rather cool white beam but without any trace of blue/purple in it. :)

I have compared its tint with my other flashlights and found it similar to the one of Olight TI that has an R2 WD CREE.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
My has awful purple tint.
Romisen RC-N3 on the left.
5532207263e8a6a0med.jpg

Another two pictures - SSC P7 SWO and LL P7.

foggy 92

Newly Enlightened
Coast / Led Lenser P7/T7 light output

How do I determine if my light is the new 167 lumen model or the older, lower lumen version?

-is there any serial to identify this?
-Can you see if the chip is a Cree or some other manufacture by looking at it through the lens? (Did the pre 167 lumen cree use a luxeon?)
-Did the older T7 have twist-focus whereas the new 167 lumen is push-pull???

Art

Enlightened
Re: Coast / Led Lenser P7/T7 light output

I already had like 20 P7s in my hands and all had a very cool white beam. I really like LL because of this , all the lights I had (the P3 is a bit purple) where all the same tint.
With fenix it is not the same and the nitecores also have some tint variation(specially the GDPs).

Sadly I never had a old model so I cant really help here :(

Regards

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Coast / Led Lenser P7/T7 light output

How do I determine if my light is the new 167 lumen model or the older, lower lumen version?

-is there any serial to identify this?
-Can you see if the chip is a Cree or some other manufacture by looking at it through the lens? (Did the pre 167 lumen cree use a luxeon?)
-Did the older T7 have twist-focus whereas the new 167 lumen is push-pull???

I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken, but the new Led Lenser pro line, including the T7 came out for the first time in 2008 no? :confused:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, I just got mine a few days ago through a UK ebay site, with free K3 (another impressive little key chain light) for $70 total. What a deal!

My light has a bluish tint only around the outer ring. I have no idea what 167 lumens is supposed to be like but I know this can light up the inside of a house across the street :naughty:

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you got a great deal. I also purchased the "Police Pack" which came with a leather & nylon pouch & K3 mini-light for the same price as the solo version for $99.99 from brightguy.com, compared to $130 on Coast website. As far as I know there is only one version of this light, but there are two versions of the 7736TS which is a smaller similar looking model.

droeun

Newly Enlightened
How is the durability of the slide focus over time? Do you have to lube it?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only had my T7 for couple of weeks now, so I can't say how it will function in the long run.

As soon as I got it, I took it apart and lubed the o-rings (There are three) with Nyogel. I had the light at a ski lodge over the weekend (-10 degrees F this weekend) and I noticed the slide focus to be just a tad bit tougher to operate. My guess is that Nyogel thickened up a bit with the low temp.

The focussing head is locked in by a metal key so that it cannot rotate around the axis of the body. Unfortunately the key and the head is basically metal to metal and without some proper lube, I can imagine this rubbing against each other in the long run.

So far, the build quality seems solid (no rattles or loose feel in anyway) and I'm very happy with it.

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello i use a p 7 for my work and the beam colour is quite warm compared to my old pt focus which has a slight blue tint ,i did notice on arrival that my p 7 had a pronounced finger print on the led stood out like a sore wotsit easy to clean though .have fun cliff

droeun

Newly Enlightened
The focussing head is locked in by a metal key so that it cannot rotate around the axis of the body. Unfortunately the key and the head is basically metal to metal and without some proper lube, I can imagine this rubbing against each other in the long run.

How do you remove the head?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was fairly easy to unscrew. You have to grab the lower portion of the focussing head and unscrew the bezel. If you try to unscrew the bezel while holding the body of the flash light, you're basically twisting the head against the metal key.

There is an o-ring between the bezel and the lower portion of the focussing head you can lube. This will help putting the bezel back on a bit easier.

Once the bezel is off, you have to back out the focussing head down towards the clicky. You'll get some lube/grease on your handle while doing this but they are easily wiped off.

Good luck!

StingKing

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify the issue, all the new 2008 Led Lenser torches from there proline are new models except the tactical focus, there is no old models, they are a different torch.
Now i live in Australia and work in a camping shop, the first batch of P7's that came thru the shop had a awesome white tint, now all the rest that have come thru have that purplish tint. I much prefer the whiter tints.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has beautiful tint now:twothumbs I swapped the emitter to Q5 WH. Before and aftercompared to VB-16 U2SWOH:

index.php

index.php

(it's not so much yellowish in real life)