Best manufacturer's warranties?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just reading a thread about a Ray-O-Vac headlamp and how they (ROV) have an unconditional no receipt needed warranty on their products. It had occurred to me that I had read something similar to this on Pelican's website because I have an old Pelican VersaBrite II light that my wife snapped the head off on. So, I'm left wondering what other companies have such outstanding warranties?

Please, no implied warranties. If they don't list it on their website then it could be subject to interpretation by the person answering the phone/email and that doesn't work well for me.

D-Dog

Enlightened
Surefire has a lifetime warranty and great support service.

Fenix has a lifetime, no questions, warranty if you ordered through fenix-store.com

I think Streamlight warrants the light body for life although I"m not 100% on that.

DM51

Flashaholic
That thread linked by HKJ is a very useful one, well-compiled and very nicely laid out. It's included in the "Threads of Interest" sticky in this section. However the OP, Aluminous, has not been active since August 2008. It would certainly be useful to have someone volunteer to bring it up to date...

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked that thread out and, while it is similar to what I was asking, it was not entirely the same thing. It's a lot of information that is spread out over four pages of information and you will have to go hunting for the different manufacturers to read how they warranty their products while I am asking if anyone knows of manufacturers having unconditional repair/replace policies in place.

I'll go through that linked thread later and hotlink the different manufacturers listed that I find to have unconditional guarantees here in a bit. Still, if anyone else wants to add to this small list please do.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire's warranty is second to none, I've gotten more replacement parts from them than I can quickly recall, and I've not owned Surefires very long. It's no accident that I'm on my fourth Surefire and contemplating a second E2e.

Underwater Kinetics' warranty is not that good, I had a lamp assembly and bezel eat themselves while sitting in my underwear drawer for five years, and I'm still not sure if I can buy replacement parts for less than I paid for the penlight even after calling them. Though, I'm reasonably sure that if the plastic failed while battery-less and sitting in a cool, dark, dry environment that counts as materials and workmanship...

Inova's offered to send me parts when all I wanted was some information, so that reflects well on them.

Ra has a pretty solid warranty, though they don't cover accidental damage like Surefire, anything resulting from defect is pretty strongly covered.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast

D-Dog

Enlightened
I don't want to add clutter to the sticky thread, so I will post this here:

I noticed that under NiteCore, if you purchased from 4sevens, it was supposed to be a lifetime warranty with "details unknown". Has that ever been updated or did 4sevens scrap that idea? On his site I can't find mention of any NiteCore warranty.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
...It had occurred to me that I had read something similar to this on Pelican's website because I have an old Pelican VersaBrite II light that my wife snapped the head off on...
Just a follow-up on this. I sent the broken one back about the time I created this thread and the replacement light arrived yesterday. The light I sent back was a VersaBrite II and the one they sent me was the VersaBrite Deluxe (2250), which is nothing more than the standard VersaBrite with a few accessories thrown in. Nice! I was expecting just a VersaBrite wrapped in newspaper or something.

carrier82

Newly Enlightened
This is not a manufacturer warranty, but might be nice to know. In Finland Maglites have a lifetime warranty (does not include bulbs, batteries and battery leakages) by import company Vandernet Oy (source of information). So if you are on a trip to Finland, you can have all your broken Maglites fixed for free :thumbsup:

:caution: I am not affiliated with Mag Instrument or aforementioned company in any way.

shadab1234567

Newly Enlightened
i dont think fenix have any rep in warranty atleast for india users. i have personal experience of it.