Best drop-in for my 18650 reamed 6P?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
Most all LED Drop-in modules are driven so that the 7.2 volts of 2x123A's provide the best performance. I'm looking for a drop-in for 3.7v.

harddrive

Enlightened
Dereelight 1S or 3SD:http://www.dereelight.com/module-list.htm . These will be the brightest as they drive the LED at 1.2A. Also if throw is your thing the smooth reflector is great. I use the 1S in my duty light and love it.

Malkoff M30 if you can afford it.

Wolf Eyes also make dropin designed for 3.7-6V.

Lumens factory made one for a single LiIon: http://www.lumensfactory.com/cart.php?cat_id=2&sub_cat_id=7

DX sells one designed for 1 x 3.7 LiIon if you want low cost and lots of modes.

(Heres and old thread about the same issue: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=201626 )

JasonH

Enlightened
Oh yea lol, forgot about dereelight and i have like 5 of them sitting in front of me. I believe the dereelights throw farther then my malkoffs. But the malkoffs beam is a little nicer.

rtt

Enlightened
I like the Lumen Factory D26-LED 3.7V Special LED Module (Selected Tint) more than the Malkoff M30 for tint and throw. I am using a CR123 primary cell. Both of the modules seem to be about the same output to my eyes.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
I would also vote for the Lumens Factory 3.7 volt special and I would imagine that you would get 2 hours of constant output perhaps a little more with an 18650 cell.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
How does the beam on the Lumens Factory look? A beamshot would be awesome...

Also, would the output on the 3.6-13v model suck running on a single 18650?

Last edited:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be looking for a custom build P7 or MCE in a 5a/warm neutral white tint. This to me represents the "best" kind of module for an 18650/6p light.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I use my lights at work and don't mind changing the batteries everyday. I use them to look inside of weldments, work within 20 feet. Brightness is important, but I don't want the blinding brightness of the P7. Between the Lumens Factory 3.7v special, Malkoff m30, and the Dereelight, how do they rate in terms of perfermance in this order:

Brightness
Beam quality (both tint and smoothness of beam [lack of rings])
Runntime
Throw

Also, is the Malkoff really worth the $55? I don't fully understand what makes a Malkoff different (I know it has some kind of lens). Does the Malkoff shine a nice beam? Does the Lumens Factory have a nice beam?

Marduke

Flashaholic
The M30F or M30WF sound like what you are looking for. Perfect flood beam, and your choice of cool or warm tints.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The malkoffs are definitely worth the money. They are hand made, so they are of a very high quality. If you have any problems with one, you can talk to Gene Malkoff, and you should have your issues resolved in no time.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
Malkoff it is...
Now for Spot or flood. Does the Spot have a decent amount of spill, or is it all spot?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I see it has a wide spill beam and a good spot. The spill isn't as strong as the drop-in with reflectors but it is very useful and wider then most.

Review.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
I have the M60F and it produces a lovely flood of light but it does not have any real throw and there is no hot spot due to the honeycomb effect lens.