How do you remove the bezel retaining ring on the Surefire 6P, G2, G2Z in order...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
How do you remove the bezel retaining ring on the Surefire 6P, G2, G2Z in order to put in the 6PD's toothed bezel?

crocodilo

Enlightened
I know of two ways:

1. order a stainless crenelated bezel that comes with a special key for the ring (check out posts 294 and 296 at https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2766312&postcount=294 );

2. replace the whole head.

I've gonne #1 on my C2 and #2 on my 6P. Quite simple, actually.

On the tool: you might need to warm a cup of water next to boiling temps and drop the head in there for about one minute. That should loosen the retaining ring enough to get it easily unscrewed.

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know of two ways:

1. order a stainless crenelated bezel that comes with a special key for the ring (check out posts 294 and 296 at https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2766312&postcount=294 );

2. replace the whole head.

I've gonne #1 on my C2 and #2 on my 6P. Quite simple, actually.

On the tool: you might need to warm a cup of water next to boiling temps and drop the head in there for about one minute. That should loosen the retaining ring enough to get it easily unscrewed.
That's great advice.

James...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Warm it up and use needle nose pliers on it!

Stick the tips in the notches and spread the handles apart while twisting.

Very very easy. :twothumbs

Tractorshaft

Newly Enlightened
How do you remove the bezel retaining ring on the Surefire 6P, G2, G2Z in order to put in the 6PD's toothed bezel?

You can also do what I did, mix up a tablespoon of Bondo on a piece of plastic and put the blob on a little piece of round metal or wooden dowel to use as your leverage or "Handle", then put a piece of saran wrap on top of the bondo and press the end of the flashlight into it. Warm it up with a hair dryer to speed the drying process, pop the piece of bondo up and off of the piece of plastic you formed it on and wah-lah :poof: a "Custom" bezel removal tool made just for your light! Enjoy :clap: Give it an hour for maximum strength. You can also make a more "Permanent" type tool by using epoxy mixed with a dense filler such as talcum powder, aluminum powder etc..

Simply press the tool down onto the top of the light as you "Unscrewz" it.