Low low light

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
Any light with ultra-low output of about 1 lumen? I'm looking for something that has about half the output of a SF A2 low level.

victor01

Newly Enlightened
Any light with ultra-low output of about 1 lumen? I'm looking for something that has about half the output of a SF A2 low level.

Novatac 120p, I heard it can go down to 0.3 lumens
I own Liteflux LF2 cree and Nitecore D10, which go pretty low, though I don't know exactly how many lumens their lowest settings are.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
not too sure what the output is but its less than a Fenix E01, i'm referring to any of the Jetbeams with IBS, lowest of the low is less than the Fenix E01.

Budman231

Enlightened

I'm a big fan of low low. Liteflux LF3XT has a wide range of brightness and the low is amazingly low. Almost to low for practical use. But if you want low this is your light.

Nitecore EX10 is pretty low also, but has a brighter hotspot than the LF3XT so it doesn't seem as low.

Both are a good choice for this purpose.

Bud

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteflux LF3XT goes low, as does the Novatac 120P, and the Poton Rex goes way low. :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
the DX 0-100% modules are VERY low at the lowest setting, like a fraction of a Lumen. To put it into perspective, my minimag Solitaire looks like an HID spotlight by comparison.

Fixed ISO-100
MM Solitaire on the right, DX:17593 lowest setting on the left in a SF-M2 host.

dscn0421gz0.jpg

Last edited:

Southernlight

Enlightened
It would be interesting to build a list of programatically low LED lights. :candle: Those that have a high minimum of say +40 lumens but can also go under 5 - 6 lumes also.

I guess everyone has their idea of what is low enough, but how about a list for The Kings Of Low?

So far there is

EX10
Novatac P120
Liteflux LFX3t

Others? :thinking:

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. I was really hoping for a cheap, single-output light. Any such mouse?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions. I was really hoping for a cheap, single-output light. Any such mouse?

Dont think they get cheaper than $15 for a Fenix E01, runs on common AAAs.

Advertised runtimes are 10 hours sun mode (10 lumens) and 11 hours moon mode (<10 lumens) on a fresh AAA cell.

Added to that is its waterproofness (dunked it into a glass of water for an hour) and great build. It also comes in a range of colours.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

gerber infinity with a red led, run for days on a single AA and wont disturb your night vision and only $15.

gillestugan

Enlightened

Why not buy a cheap lamp with only one 5mm led? Or mod an old 2AA flashlight, for example a minimag, with one or two direct drive underdriven 5mm leds?

Low levels are really underestimated. The human eye is really fantastic when it has had some time to adjust.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
the DX 0-100% P60 modules are single mode with last level memory. Just set it to a low output and it will stay there until you set a different level.

Fenix E0 or E01
Gerber Tempo

all 3 are in th3 5-8 Lumen range.

gilly

Enlightened
It would be interesting to build a list of programatically low LED lights. :candle: Those that have a high minimum of say +40 lumens but can also go under 5 - 6 lumes also.

I guess everyone has their idea of what is low enough, but how about a list for The Kings Of Low?

So far there is

EX10
Novatac P120
Liteflux LFX3t

Others? :thinking:

Any of the Jetbeam I.B.S. Series has a minimum of ~ 2 lumens and Selfbuilt measured the Jet III - M at .2 lumens!

Very versatile lights.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Rigel Skylite and Photon Freedom. Trust me.

+1 on the Photon Freedom. Also, the Photon X-Light Micro has the same output, I believe, as the Photon Freedom, but is priced more affordably. :)

As Kramer5150 mentioned, Gerber Tempo is a pretty affordable, single output light, too. Runs ~$10 at REI. Don't know how it compares in output to the A2 on low, though. :shrug:

How about a fauxton? :thinking: