Novelty Gun Light from ARMS

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi all! i hope this has not been posted again...a search did not give me any results...

So here it is the terror of gunlights! and a bear to carry

ARMS RING OF FIRE!!!!

but imagine the possibilies... 6xP7s

Last edited:

Fird

Enlightened
Re: Movelty Gun Light from ARMS

hehe, it'd probably work too, you could use the gun metal as a heat sink for them, but you'd need a pretty serious belt-mounted battery to drive 6xp7's..

Kiessling

Flashaholic

The look of that thing is threatening :aaa: :huh:

BUT ... how do they achieve throw if using the new quad-die LEDs?
I don't get the concept of this one ... :thinking:

bernie

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dang thats a lot of batteries to change out......and one would think that the front end would be a bit heavier then using one high lumen torch.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dunno, but has the potential to be awesome. Never need to worry about not being able to see the front sight again, too!

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dunno, but has the potential to be awesome.

I disagree. It has the potential to be really bright, but it looks like you may as well tape a brick to the end of your barrel. Too heavy a device to attach that far out on the bbl.

Newly Enlightened

Seeing that reminded me of how Ken Hackathorn says that some people are 'absolutely *****' when it comes to how many lumens their firearm's light produces.

My initial reaction is that it looks very much like a joke. I couldn't think of a more useless addition of excess weight to a carbine than that monstrosity.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast

That doesn't seem practical, as the heat of the barrel (not to mention the heat of all those lights) would probably fry the LEDs.

Mercaptan

Enlightened

Seeing that reminded me of how Ken Hackathorn says that some people are 'absolutely *****' when it comes to how many lumens their firearm's light produces.

My initial reaction is that it looks very much like a joke. I couldn't think of a more useless addition of excess weight to a carbine than that monstrosity.

Only problem is that ARMS doesn't probably perceive it as a joke. Their sales have been failing due to competition from other mount manufacturers (hello LaRue).

It's an absolutely awful gimmick that, unfortunately, some people look at and say "hey cool, my AR would look awesome with that!" while the rest of us sit back and wonder about the practicality.

My 16" midlength is heavy enough, I don't need that much junk hanging forward of the FSB to make the unbalance even worse.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

ditto! that's why I used the word novelty...

(hope it was in the right context)

BTW kiessling I did not mean to imply that it uses P7s.

I meant to say that sooner or latter one of us will mod it that way...Hell if it can be installed in picatinny rails then it won't be harf enought to make it a handheld one, sling carried. (reminds me of that defabricata's light)

cslinger

Enlightened

Am I the only person left in the world that believes the best accessory to add to an AR15 is ammo that is used for training.

I do have a SIG556 set up as a "zombie gun" so to speak with Aimpoint and light but I am perfectly comfortable and competent with my bone stock M4gery.

All that being said man that bad boy would light up a room. Probably blind any targets as well as the "operator" ahem, using it due to the splash back off of anything remotely shiny. Scratch that, probably set them on fire. :D

I do believe we will see an 7 pound AR15 fighting rifle come very close to the weight of a GPMG at some point. /shakes head and sighs/

Chris

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

well do you recall that photo in Ar15.com with some kilos of hardware added? even trijicon at the side.

+1 one in all your comments....

but imagine "yo man, they were shooting us with LIGHT"

leaving weight issue aside, meybe the excessive brighness can be hadled. Ken wood from Strategos has move away from the gladious to the polario HID for saturating the area. On teh othar hand he is the master and ephasizes in proper training FOREMOST.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Am I the only person left in the world that believes the best accessory to add to an AR15 is ammo that is used for training.

I think the vast majority of posters on this thread agree with you. So, no.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast

FYI, you actually said "movelty" in the title, not novelty. I don't know if this confused people or not as to your intent when posting the link. Or perhaps "movelty" is a new word to describe something that is complete and utter overkill...

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

FYI, you actually said "movelty" in the title, not novelty. I don't know if this confused people or not as to your intent when posting the link. Or perhaps "movelty" is a new word to describe something that is complete and utter overkill...

and flashaholic crazy too....

sorry for my spelling... I have trouble with keyboards (I also write in Greek and Greek-lish)(Greek language with latin characters)

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

ARMS_ROF.jpg