• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: One of a kind, modified brand new Vulture watch.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this watch so much I ended up buying two but decided to let one go. It has three white LED's which is used as a flashlight and six UV 3mm LED's to illuminate the face. The only problem was that the stock 3mm white LED's only put out faint light and there were artifacts in the beam. After searching for the best 3mm LED's I came across the Nichia 3mm NSPW300DS and NSPW310DS. The 300 series is bright and has a 15 degree beam but the square die shows up on a white wall. The 310 series is bright and has a 50 degree beam. The problem with this LED is that it produces and ugly dark spot. I took matters in my own hands. The brightest 5mm LED I could find was the GS-K1 W in brightness LED. The only problem was the size. So, I ground down the 5mm LED to a 3mm LED and was also able to change the viewing angle to 20 degrees. The first picture shows a 310 series 3mm LED on the far left. On its right is the 5mm ground down to a 3mm and polished. On the right of this LED is another 5mm ground down to 3mm but not polished and the one on the far right is a stock 5mm GS-K1 before being ground down. You can see that the ground down 5mm LED's are a bit longer in length to the 310 series 3mm on the far left. The pictures below this shows the new LED's on the internal board. The beam pattern from the three white LED's is similar to a snow LED used in the Peak flashlights. There are no artifacts in the beam and is 2.5 times brighter than stock. This watch has several functions. When the button is pushed, the UV LED's turn on illuminating the face for 10 seconds. Pushing the button twice turns on the three white LED's for 20 seconds, a third push causes the white LED's to blink. A forth push is for constant illumination of the face and a fifth push is to turn off the face illumination. The internal battery for the LED's is a lithium ion battery which can be recharged with a wall charger or via usb cable. The movement runs on a separate silver oxide battery. Aside from the watch having its three white LED's replaced, it is mint. Comes in a pelican case. The watch is huge and made from stailess steel. The front crystal has anti-reflector coating on saphire glass. This is an awsome watch that was made in very limited numbers by MTM. Paid $770.00 but would like to ask $625.00. This includes PP fees and express mail shipping. If interested in this watch please post on this thread or send me a PM. First person who says they will take it, gets it. My Paypal e-mail address is arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com

More info on this watch can be found here:

http://www.specialopswatch.com/cart/products.cgi?detail=82

2eecyuv.jpg

34jbnyb.jpg

2pzmxdj.jpg

2vsojg7.jpg

aceo3n.jpg

21lmsn8.jpg

30di1dx.jpg

ARC mania

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sgt. LED: The charging port is located right under the crown. Its a cap that screws on which has a o-ring inside. The charging jack looks similar to a headphone jack. PM your e-mail address as it will take a long time to post the picture. It would be nice if I can send you the picture and have you post it on this thread.

I also wanted to mention that the 3mm LED's in the watch look as though Nichia had made the GS-K1 LED in a 3mm form factor. They had been polished extremely well and there are no scratches. They are perfect. It was a PITA to modify the 5mm GS-K1 LED. Thank you.

ARC mania

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you buy this watch, you will have the world's first 3mm GS-K1 LED's:)

When ever I buy something nice, I have a bad habit of buying two just in case I need a spare......

ARC mania

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you buy this watch, you will have the world's first 3mm GS-K1 LED's:)

When ever I buy something nice, I have a bad habit of buying two just in case I need a spare......

ARC mania

I did the same all last year with flashlights. Then, my wallet became empty. Now, I'm in FA (flashaholics annonymous) and I am currently learning the art of restraint. :mecry:

HPJeep

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about the PM's. I sent an email to the adminstrator since it does not seem to be working. I should hear back by tomorrow. I am surprised your email to me got bounced back. You sent it to emcfarlin AT austin DOT rr DOT com?