Where can I find a good review of the E2DL?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I type E2DL in the search I get a couple of results but no real reviews.

There is a review of the single output version in the Review forum, but not a detailed dual output model.

Unless my "searching" skills have let me down, I don't think one really exists.

If so, could someone please lead me to it. I'm ordering another PD30 for my friend to use on duty and I'm contemplating using an E2DL as my duty light instead of the PD30.

While no real review exists of the PD30 or even a mention of it, I jumped on that train. This time before I drop 100+ dollars I want to be sure it's up to par.

As a side note* I wanted a Malkoff drop in for my G3 but I guess I'm going to have to revert back to a 6P in order to get the M60. I wish they would make more 3 battery lights, an E2DL or PD30 with another battery wouldn't be too big for me, but it could give me some extra runtime.

carrot

Flashaholic
No worries. Surefire's lights are definitely up to par, especially the more recently updated ones (such as the E2DL). They are definitely worth it. You should be able to get one for lower than MSRP if you know who to buy from and what to say. Surefire reviews are pretty boring because you know what it'll say... "wow, build quality is great," "this thing is bright!," "I wish I'd bought one sooner," etc. :thumbsup: I have over a dozen Surefires and I have never regretted a single purchase.

To address your side note, the M60 will work fine in the G3. It is designed to take up to 9v (3x123) but a more major concern might be heat build-up which may damage the module if you use it for long periods at a time. You will want to obtain a metal bezel for the G3 to be safest. The metal bezels are present on all of the C-series LED lights (G2L, G3L, 6PL, etc) and are fully compatible with the G3. You may also be able to buy the bezel separately from Surefire or on the Marketplace.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
The E2DL with F04 diffuser is one of my favorite combos. Two great light levels, throws quite a bit without the diffuser, produces a great flood with the diffuser and is pretty much built like a tank. And Surefire's warranty and customer service are great (just beware that they can be flaky to contact via email, phone is your best bet). :grin2:

Having said that, if you could let us know what exactly you are looking for in a duty light we might be better able to tell you if the E2DL will meet your requirements or if there is a better light out there for you. :)

seale_navy

Enlightened
yeah Chao reviews the E2DL single mode. He confirms the runtime graph is the same for the dual output.

well if u are worried about the teeth like me and want to see how sharp is it.. u can see some of the posted pictures of other member. close up of the teeth. its not sharp from the pics. but having a F04 diffuser would be cool as deranged_coder mentioned.

elumen8

Enlightened
The E2DL with F04 diffuser is one of my favorite combos. Two great light levels, throws quite a bit without the diffuser, produces a great flood with the diffuser and is pretty much built like a tank. :)

+1 on the E2DL-F04 diffuser combo. A great little 2 level package for all around use. I rarely even remove the diffuser on mine because I like the beam so much.

-JB

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah Chao reviews the E2DL single mode. He confirms the runtime graph is the same for the dual output.

well if u are worried about the teeth like me and want to see how sharp is it.. u can see some of the posted pictures of other member. close up of the teeth. its not sharp from the pics. but having a F04 diffuser would be cool as deranged_coder mentioned.

I don't think Brass would be happy if you hit someone in the side of the head with it.. They teach PPCT and train with Tasers and Pepper Spray for fighting.

However, a deadly force situation holds no limits. I would have a gun though, not many people would want to be close enough to someone to hit them if that person had a gun or knife (ie. deadly force situation.)

One thing I have thought about though.. do any of you think the teeth could break glass? Glass on a window isn't that hard, auto glass is tough. Any one heard of people trying?

No worries. Surefire's lights are definitely up to par, especially the more recently updated ones (such as the E2DL). They are definitely worth it. You should be able to get one for lower than MSRP if you know who to buy from and what to say. Surefire reviews are pretty boring because you know what it'll say... "wow, build quality is great," "this thing is bright!," "I wish I'd bought one sooner," etc. :thumbsup: I have over a dozen Surefires and I have never regretted a single purchase.

To address your side note, the M60 will work fine in the G3. It is designed to take up to 9v (3x123) but a more major concern might be heat build-up which may damage the module if you use it for long periods at a time. You will want to obtain a metal bezel for the G3 to be safest. The metal bezels are present on all of the C-series LED lights (G2L, G3L, 6PL, etc) and are fully compatible with the G3. You may also be able to buy the bezel separately from Surefire or on the Marketplace.

I'm actually going to get a 6PL from Lowe's in a couple of minutes. I was driving by it tonight and couldn't resist. I had to get home at the time though.

But on original topic. I saw the graph of the runtime of the single output E2DL and I think answered my immediate thought. I really like the PD30 not only because of it's many uses, but that it's regulated and the brightness does not decline enough to notice before the batteries are drained.

When I saw the E2DL graph it was pretty flat. I'm guessing it's regulated too? I don't want a MagLite that gets darker and darker and darker.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, all of Surefire's LED lights are regulated.

Awsome!

I'll be picking up a 6PL and a 6P (6P to put a Malkoff M60) and ordering an E2DL Defender with lots of batteries from Surefire in the next few days.

The great guys a 4sevens have decided to exchange my PD30 even after my attempts to take off the bezel
:oops:

Now I just have to get me a good thrower like a RaidFire or a Dereelight and I'll be able to stop buying lots of lights :)

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Now I just have to get me a good thrower like a RaidFire or a Dereelight and I'll be able to stop buying lots of lights :)

Stop... buying... lots... of... lights...

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

I thought that too a while ago. Now, 2009 has just started and already this year I got a McGizmo Sundrop and a modamag Draco. And I am eyeing that McGizmo Lunasol 20... or maybe a titanium Drake... This flashlight thing is a hard habit to kick... maybe you will have better luck than me... :grin2: