Got my E1L and E2L today!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved my Surefire E1L outdoorsman and E2L outdoorsman from LA Police Gear today. (I love the free batteries they give with each light). I'm impressed. I compared the E1L(rated at 45 lumens on high) with my E1B(rated at 80 lumens on high), and the brightness is equal according to my eyes using the ceiling bounce test. The tint of the E1L is a tad whiter than my E1B. I think I got a really good E1L!

I compared the E2L(rated at 60 lumens on high) with both my L1 Cree (rated at 65 lumens on high) and my G2L(rated at 80 lumens) There was no real difference in brightness that I could tell using the ceiling bounce test. The L1 and G2L always seemed the same in the past. I figured I had a really good L1. Well it seems to me I got a really good E2L as well.

I was surprised that the E1L was brighter than the E2L, but as far as I can tell, comparing them to other Surefire's, my E1L is just an over achieving one!

The only thing that concerns me is the clip on the E2L seems very long, and might get easily bent out of shape. I wish it was the shorter one like on the E2DL, but that's a really minor concern. (Can the clip be removed and replaced?)

About 2 years ago, I had no Surefire flashlights. Now I have 8. I think I'm addicted thanks to everyone here at CPF! So what's next? Maybe a U2 Ultra, or a new L4? I need to hide my wallet!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Big_Ed. Congrats on getting the E1L and E2L. I have them, too, though my E2L is the single level 45 lumen version. The batteries seem to last forever and I take one of them along during nighttime walks.

Regards from Kendall County.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Parnass, I've been to Kendall county quite a few times over the years. I have to go all over Chicagoland for work, moving people.
The really long runtimes on low for both the E1L and E2L were the main reasons to get these two lights. I'm very happy with them both.

matt0

Enlightened
I recently got an E2L and it is quickly becoming my most used light.

Plenty bright and runs forever! :twothumbs

Moka

Enlightened
I currently have an E1B, I've been considering the E1L... Is the runtime on the surefire site accurate??? Does it run @ 100% (or close enough to) for the specified runtime like the E1B, or is it more like the P60L's runtime of 11hrs?

Answers to these Q's would be greatly appreciated... =D

Cheers.

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on your scores! I too am looking to get an E1L in addition to my E1B, sounds like you got a really good one. ...Beamshots please:whistle:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Congratulations on the new lights! Gotta love the E1L and the E1B. Great stuff.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have an E1B, I've been considering the E1L... Is the runtime on the surefire site accurate??? Does it run @ 100% (or close enough to) for the specified runtime like the E1B, or is it more like the P60L's runtime of 11hrs?

Answers to these Q's would be greatly appreciated... =D

Cheers.

I'd like to know too, without actually using up my batteries for the test. I also don't have a light meter to measure actual output. I'm sure someone has done a runtime test. The advertised 100 hour runtime of the E2L on low and the 48 hour runtime of the E1L on low was what really interests me.