Surefire 6P lens removal tool?

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
What type of tool do you use to remove the plastic bezel ring from a standard 6P head? I have new UCL lenses coming from flashlightlens.com, so I suppose it is time to figure out how to swap them?
thanks in advance.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Dude.... ya gotta search... No joke in the last 24 hours I saw three threads that mention how to remove the lens.

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
gotcha, flame suit on, just searched, and yes I see the recent threads, questions answered.. shoulda searched first...

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
BTW guys........thanks for the help and previous posts on other threads, just got my UCL lenses from Flashlightlens dot com, and the boiling water and watch back remover tool worked grrreat!

Just a side note, there still must be out there somewhere a notched socket or tool either made by surefire or someone to fit the bezel ring. the teeth pattern is like a lot of bicycle stuff, but none of my bicycle mechanic tools fits. Just one or those thoughts, there must be a proper tool somewhere??

thks again.
:thumbsup:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one or those thoughts, there must be a proper tool somewhere??

I've seen such a tool, but only in this advert. If you find where to get just the tool, I'd be interested.

strikebezel.jpg

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen such a tool, but only in this advert. If you find where to get just the tool, I'd be interested.

strikebezel.jpg

Just for my peace of mind, where do you get the tool and the tactical piece together. If combined they are both $10 dollars then I dont mind getting both.

I did take apart my lens using the boiling water and tweazer method and its no big deal, but this tool seems like a must have.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for my peace of mind, where do you get the tool and the tactical piece together.

I don't know where to get these, I just found the advert/photo on another forum. All I can suggest is using the email watermarked on to the advert. They're advertised at $20 for bezel and tool. It was posted nearly a year ago though.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Alot of Hong Kong based ebay stores sell these... A few months ago I bought one and it wasnt that bad. Check out the bay and you should find some.

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, will have to check around, but does that tool fit the stock bezel ring too or just the SS strike bezel?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, will have to check around, but does that tool fit the stock bezel ring too or just the SS strike bezel?

I couldn't say for sure, but it certainly looks like it was made to fit the 6P's stock bezel ring.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Not too sure if it is the same size but I just tried the bezel removal tool for my JetBeam III M and it was a perfect fit for my UltraFire 6P clone.
Bezel Removal Tool
Norm

Edit: Interesting thing was the JB bezel and the UF bezel were interchangeable. Remember this is a clone 6P YMMV.

Last edited:

cyberspyder

Enlightened
I used a needlenose SOG Powerlock to unscrew both of mine....as long as you keep enough pressure downwards, towards the ring, it should come out easily, because the force multiplying feature on the SOG increases it's grip whn you do that.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
You can also get a small flat headed screw driver and place the tip in one of the "notches" then have someone tap the back of the handle to free the ring.

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
Really?!, now that is news! Might just have to buy another Jetbeam to justify the cost of shipping on just a bezel ring tool! :grin2:

But just to say again, the boiling water works like MAGIC, did it again on a third head, need to order more UCL lenses!

Not too sure if it is the same size but I just tried the bezel removal tool for my JetBeam III M and it was a perfect fit for my UltraFire 6P clone.
Bezel Removal Tool
Norm