Difference: Grey & Blue TrustFire(s) ??? - Please battery experts help.

mahmood13

Newly Enlightened
Hi There,

I'am new user here and looking forward to have some help about the difference between the blue and Grey trustfires, I'am going to buy the from Dealextreme, The Blue ones can be found here (Click Here) and the Grey ones here (Click Here).
I need six cells of these 18650s to rebuild a laptop battery an Acer one the rating of the battery pack is 11.1V 4000mAh, and after doing some research I have found that these cells should work and the cell capacity shouldn't be lower than the original cell to work, And they should be unprotected cells because the circuit in the battery pack will do the work, Now I would like to know the difference between the two colors of the Trustfires linked previously and why the grey one doesn't have a flat top, I asked there and people there told me that it looks like there isn't any PCB on these batteries, I would like to make sure if they will work for the purpose I want them for.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mahmood Majeed

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
Re: Difference: Grey & Blue TrustFire(s) ?

i think the only difference is that the grey ones are rechargeable, so if you use the blue ones once they run out of power you have to replace them

mahmood13

Newly Enlightened

i think the only difference is that the grey ones are rechargeable, so if you use the blue ones once they run out of power you have to replace them

No, They are rechargeable also (from the reviews on the site), Any other thoughts.

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened

oh, well then beats me, i think i saw somewhere about protection from overcharging, maybe that's it

mahmood13

Newly Enlightened

On the site they say that they are both don't have a protection PCB, But the grey ones which has been listed recently has lower price than the older blue ones, But they don't have a flat top, That's what worries me.