Queenslander's Blitz

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Where did Queenslander get his ciggerete lighter plup in for the blitz he made?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Queenslander

OEM parts for the Blitz can be purchased from the manufacturer Lightforce (or one of their listed dealers) @ http://www.lightforce.net.au/ :thumbsup:

You are aware that Queenslander's Blitz mod uses 36v? thus it can't be powered off a 12v cigarette lightplug (or 12v system), I had a quick look at his thread found HERE and see that it's being powered off 3 12v cells in series... nice & bright though! :D

Last edited:

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Yes im using the 240 and 3 12v batteries to make a very similiar light. Lightforce doesnt seem to have what im looking for. I need the female end of the cig plug

Last edited:

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Ya I looked at both websites and they do have several cig plug sockets but non of them are rated above 11 amps, which is what I need. I did find one at radioshak, it has three sockets, and is rated at 15 amp, which is alittle more than i need but thats fine. Thanks for your help, if you find anything else let me know.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Ya I looked at both websites and they do have several cig plug sockets but non of them are rated above 11 amps, which is what I need. I did find one at radioshak, it has three sockets, and is rated at 15 amp, which is alittle more than i need but thats fine. Thanks for your help, if you find anything else let me know.
I wouldn't expect more than 10 A from any cigarette lighter socket.
Not really a good choice, I use Anderson power pole connectors on all on my stuff very compact and very reliable I use the 30 A model,other models have higher ratings.
Welcome to Powerwerx Htome page

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
I want to keep the cig socket so when ever I do need it for my truck all I have to do is change bulbs and plug it right into the truck

Norm

Retired Administrator
I want to keep the cig socket so when ever I do need it for my truck all I have to do is change bulbs and plug it right into the truck
Easily fixed

ciggyplugkf1.png

All my ham gear, chargers, backup batteries etc. use these connectors, I have made all sorts extension leads and adapters to suit all situations. I have similar leads with battery clips that will go straight on a car battery, some with smaller alligator and some with banana plugs to use with a power supply The really neat thing about these plugs is that there is no male or female so they all plug together whilst still maintaining polarity. :)

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
I'n not sure if you're using 3-12Volt batteries to get triple amp capacity or 36 Volts. If it's 36 Volts, please be careful about accidental short circuits. I took a very healthy gouge out of a 7/16 Snap-on combination wrench when I was careless around my 24 Volt tank light control box. Really scarey stuff. I'm very careful but I still made the mistake.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Had just the same thing happen yesterday forgot to check the meter settings (10 amp scale instead of Volts) my probe tips are now very very short :eek: 4 7Ah 12 volt batteries in series, my hands were half covered in very black soot. :oops: Anderson power pole connector vaporised. My excuse I was working in a large metal shed and the temp was about 46 C outside no idea what the temp in the shed was.

Norm

EDIT: Working on my e bike.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
OUCH!!! 48 Volts DC direct short!

I once did the same thing on 480 VAC a BIG BOOM, half of the metal tips on the meter leads were gone and I jumped 10 feet away. The electrical box was all black inside from the vaporized metal and smoke.

The fuse was gone in the meter but the Fluke meter was still good. I had been measuring current (<10 amps) and forgot to move the leads back to voltage position.

NEVER made that mistake again. That was about 15 years ago.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
I was nearby when a contract electrician to one of our buildings drove a longer-than-original tech screw (mounting a relay) into the 480 Volt bus bar of a motor control center. Blew the 1200 Amp main breaker. He left in the ambulance and I heard he was never the same. Shame.

BVH

Flashaholic
To me, it's carelessness, complacency, inattention - all are accident causes. But after all, we're all human and we're going to make mistakes. The mistakes just have far worse ramifications the more Voltage and Amperage that's involved.