Double your gas milage - cut electric bills in half

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
This came up while searching for something else and I thought it was worth sharing.
Some of the items seem semi legit although rather expensive.

Is a heater designed to just burn corn something of value in the right locations?

Light Sabre

Enlightened
Went to the website. All I saw were descriptions and dimensions about the unit itself. Didn't give a clue about how it works. :shakehead Under their terms and conditions it says:

8. Order Cancellation Policy: Typically orders cannot be cancelled. Any cancellation to an order after the original sale date will automatically incur 30% restocking/cancellation fee plus any shipping charges incurred. Please call ahead of time before canceling. If your order has been sent, you will be charged all of the freight costs.

9. Return Policy: We do not accept returns, exchanges or grant refunds under any circumstances, except as specified below regarding manufacturer's defects.

IMHO it sounds like it's on par with the magnet you put on your fuel line only a lot more expensive. Snake oil. Reminds me of a mail order deal I heard when I was a teenager (I'm 55). "Handy little gadget cuts your home gas bills in half". What you would get in the mail would be a pair of scissors. One of the goverment agencies came down on them and made them quit selling them. Something about mail fraud if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
9. Return Policy: We do not accept returns, exchanges or grant refunds under any circumstances, except as specified below regarding manufacturer's defects.
And now from the site:
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
IF OUR PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK,
YOU GET A FULL REFUND!
Well, they sure are consistent, aren't they?

These are the usual scams we've all seen a thousand times before. They don't work. Ever.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
don't forget the super high shipping rates and companies that only last long enough to ship their product out then vanish without a trace. You can get an extra one free.... just pay seperate shipping and handline charges..... then they ship it USPS for $3 and charge you $15 so when you try and return it they give you back about $7 but keep $30 shipping from 2 items.

Light Sabre

Enlightened
I noticed the inconsistancies too, but not that one. At the top it said double your gas mileage, but later on it said increased gas mileage 30% to 50%. Also one thing that a lot of people don't notice is what the ad/article/description does NOT say. Not listing or showing what type of battery/batteries on their packaging is one reason why I look(ed) down on Coast flashlights in B&M stores.

Last edited:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of a mail order deal I heard when I was a teenager (I'm 55). "Handy little gadget cuts your home gas bills in half". What you would get in the mail would be a pair of scissors. One of the goverment agencies came down on them and made them quit selling them. Something about mail fraud if I remember correctly.

In the 1930's ads for guaranteed (potato)bug killers were common. 100% effective.
They were.
You got two pieces of 2x4 with instructions to put the bug on one and hit it with the other.

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Yeah, even their capacitor bank is suspect. Electrolytic capacitors, now I know that their are some non polarized electrolytic caps, but they think the world is stupid. Homes are not billed anything for low power factor anyway.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The gadgets at that site are dubious at best. They sold my brother the fuel saver kit, then when it did not work right they sold him some accessory. $3000 plus the cost to install. Then his car never ran right. Then it caught fire so he had it removed. It cost another $1000 to have the car put back to stock. My brother is always looking for things that are too good to be true.

It's very easy to effectively double your gas mileage. Car pool with one other person. You will spend 1/2 on gas.

Same with Electric bill. Unplug what you don't need, turn off lights that are not in use and it's amazing how fast it drops, especially in California where they charge a higher rate for each kwh over a very low minimum. Cut use by 20% and your bill goes down 50%.

Daniel

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
This reminds me of Kevin Trudeau's claim of "killing cancer" with coral calcium.

Cancer cells do in fact die when direct contact is made with coral calcium. When ingested orally, however, there's little to no results by the time it enters the bloodstream.

He always looks like someone hit him in the face with a fish, btw.:crackup: