Acebeam
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

Can't hate a Maglite

Unenlightened

Oh my! I've been lurking for a while, but registered to be able to send you a message. Lucky find!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by borrower View Post
    Please don't hate me for being lucky.

(I'd understand if you hate me for being greedy, though.)

This is a dozen 7c Maglites that have been sitting in someone's warehouse for probably 25 years. Serial numbers range from 70039282 to 70041157, mostly 7004xxxx. Other than one that has a 2mm nick in the ano, these are mint. I can't say as much for the packaging, though, as it's generally falling apart. For scale, a Shiningbeam S-mini and a Tiablo A9.

The answer to your next question is, "No, I cleaned them out." So I won't bother telling you where they came from. Unless your really care, that is. I will say that it was a plain old google search that popped up "shopping results". (I didn't believe it, but pinged the place anyway. Apparently, they actually existed.)

A couple of these are allocated to worthy homes already. I'll keep the nicked one forever and sell some every once in a while. The first two will probably be going around November to the Marketplace (out of respect for the community) at at a fair price. (Not free; not outrageous compared to some recent sales.) If you want advance notice of the Marketplace posting, send me a PM with your regular email address (not a CPF handle). I'll try (no guarantees! emails get lost, after all) to send a blind mailing about a week before I put them up. (Blind mailing means nobody else will see your email address.) If you want notification of future sales as well as this one, say so in the PM; otherwise you'll only get one note from me.

Questions? Hate mail?

Were there any limited edition versions of the MagCharger made?
    Maglite MiniMag AA. Terralux LED conversion+Tail cap switch. Maglite 6D+LED TLE310 LED Conversion module, Fenix E15, LED Lenser M17R. Maglite 3 x AA+Hahnel LSD NiMH cells.

Quote Originally Posted by peterkin101 View Post
    Were there any limited edition versions of the MagCharger made?
    I only remember the one style being offered. I collect the Mini-Mags AA and AAA, plus the Solitaires. I do keep an eye out for all things Maglite.
    Now I can see the darkness .

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I suppose that none of my mags are rare, but thanks to this thread I've learned a little bit. One of mine is a pre-1990.. thats pretty cool.

I am still waiting to see someone post a pic of every production color of c/d Mag all in a rainbow row. I'm sure it's coming... Someone must have them all?
    I'm a real novice at maglite collecting. This is my first post. There is an amazing photo collection at the Flashlight Museum web site. Tim Smiths' collection of 2AA MagLites is amazing for its complete array of maglite colors. The only 'color' missing that I spotted was the new 'digital camo' color. But I think they are a pretty new development.

Quote Originally Posted by jcvjcvjcvjcv View Post
    Beautiful!! Where did you get them? And when
    What is the rarest color on a MagLite?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    Is there anything special about 2C Mags without a C in the serial number (other than that they are older ones)?
    My favorite MagLite, the one I carry (along with a 2AA in my pocket), is my 2C Black with a 'Chevy Trucks' logo. 'Patented Made in USA' and 23097328 on the barrel. I think it is the best 'large' size MagLite, just short of being "security" or "weapons" grade. Those 7C Mags are like carrying a baseball bat! I upgraded my 'Chevy' with a 140 lumens Terralux bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by vlister View Post
    My favorite MagLite, the one I carry (along with a 2AA in my pocket), is my 2C Black with a 'Chevy Trucks' logo...upgraded my 'Chevy' with a 140 lumens Terralux bulb.
    I have that same light! It was the first "C" mag I got, and I punched it up with 3XCR123s and a 6D Magnum star bulb. Not sure where it is...I haven't even thought about it for a long time.

have a mac tools 3c black.pre c serial.mac tools logo on head.modded with a k2 tffc.i have owned it approx 17 years.a friend got it out of a garbage truck while packing a load.makes the new magled seem like a bad joke.

i am always looking for old radios and tv sets.tube stuff.ham gear.i repair all the above.
    email me for more info. SPAMMERS WILL BE PUNISHED!

Not sure if this is a rare Mag Lite but here's mine. A 5C Mag as a gift from my dad back in the 80's. just unearthed it today so I immediately cleaned and lubed it.

I remember that I had changed the bulb shortly after receiving this from my dad. Stock bulb is on the right while a slightly "more powerful bulb" for Mag Lites on the left.

Both bulbs still work perfectly after almost 11 years in storage (misplaced). Hehe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    I only remember the one style being offered. I collect the Mini-Mags AA and AAA, plus the Solitaires. I do keep an eye out for all things Maglite.
    Is a RS component version rare? RS used to sell Magcharger with their RS logo and part number, 174-246, printed on the flashlight. I have one but I'm so new to the forum that do not have a right to send pictures.

Discontinued RS MagCharger. RS part number was 174-246.
    Last edited by MattWong; 07-20-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Being the light n00b I am, I have have a 6d that has been around my house forever with a serial number of d6002226471.... Was thinking of butchering it up for my first mod.....

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke View Post
    If you can find them. I walked ito a hardware store last year and saw one so bought it. I think there are still some in some shops hiding out somwhere.
    Probably the best place to find something like this today would be a 'mom and pop' hardware store in a small town in the middle of nowhere. In stores like that, items can literally sit on the shelves unsold for YEARS. As an example, I recently saw some Polaroid and 110 cartridge film at a convenience store out in the sticks. True, it wasn't a hardware store. But it's the same idea.

On the other hand, you might even try a small hardware store in a larger city. With SO many people bypassing 'mom and pop' stores in favor of big box stores, it's sometimes quite surprising what kind of gems you can find in the small stores.

Funny thing is, I actually wanted to buy a 6C Maglite several years ago at Fry's Electronics. But I figured I just couldn't justify spending the money since I figured I already had enough lights (including a 6D light). If only I would have known. Just the other day, I found a 4C Maglite (still available, but rare in stores nonetheless) in a local hardware store. And I snatched it up. I have to say that, after using this light, I REALLY like the feel of the C-cell Maglites.
    Last edited by StorminMatt; 11-07-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Unenlightened

My first post here, but I've had my Maglight for many moons.

I bought it at Costco around 1984-1985 in SoCal It is stamped Varibeam mfg by Mag Instruments Ontario Ca, it is Patented and the serial # is 30004356. It is anodized a medium blue that has become lighter over the years. I paid more for the LED bulb a few years ago than I did for the entire flashlight lol

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...o/666682E1.jpg
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...o/108E313B.jpg

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
    See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 11-09-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi68 View Post
    I picked up this ex New Zealand Government issue maglite not to long ago. Never seen one with Varebeam on it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
    I have one just like it I bought new back in the mid 80's I have not seen other blue ones around.

I have a couple Vari-Beams. They were an attempt by Mag-Lite in the '80s to market to auto garages and industrial suppliers. They wanted something that didn't look like a police light, as well as being easy to find in a dimly lit shop.

Several police light manufacturers thought a separate brand was needed to sell outside the police market. Kel-Like sold some lights under the Stud-Light brand to truckers, for instance.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by RStev View Post
    Oh my! I've been lurking for a while, but registered to be able to send you a message. Lucky find!

Ron

Hi i live in south Africa and work for the agent that imports mag lite in to the country i have a 7 C CELL with a sn of 70031843 that seam to have been engraved with force impact engraver and not like the new 3D CELL that are laser engraver

Quote Originally Posted by shaunnorth View Post
    Hi i live in south Africa and work for the agent that imports mag lite in to the country i have a 7 C CELL with a sn of 70031843 that seam to have been engraved with force impact engraver and not like the new 3D CELL that are laser engraver
    Nice! The nice folks at Mag told me that a 7c with a sn of 70039282 was manufactured in January of 1989, so yours is probably only a bit earlier. Welcome to CPF, by the way.

There is a plated gold AA on eBay right now. I am not connected to the seller.

I have a great little mini-maglight, boxed with a matching swiss army knife, from the 1996 Atlanta olympics. It's mirror finished, with the British Olympic Team logo on it.

Here's what it looks like (now I've worked out how to post pictures:
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm not sure what should be in the space in the box, but it looks like there haas been a bit of battery leakage. Luckily it hasn't affected the maglite.

Very nice! Good thing the alky didn't ruin the light...too bad about the box though.

I've got a 5 D cell Red anoded that I got from a SnapOn Dealer in the 80's...is that a rare Mag

Has anybody seen the 2AA mini mag with American flag ano?

Quote Originally Posted by bdiddle View Post
    Has anybody seen the 2AA mini mag with American flag ano?
    There are 4 different ones with the flag annodize

the other side - some have MAG, the others USA

Last edited by will; 12-26-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Now I can see the darkness .

Question Re: RARE MAGLITES

Quote Originally Posted by MattWong View Post
    Discontinued RS MagCharger. RS part number was 174-246.

I was wondering what the part # was!! LOL j/k

In all seriousness, what the heck is RS? Radio Shack? (doubt it, but all I could come up with).

Thanks for any info on that beaut of a MagCharger , yeah I'm envious.. I love me my MC's.....

Unenlightened

Anyone ever seen a Presidential MAGLITE off of airforce one. Would like to get my hands on one and what do u think i should pay IF i can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Ramble View Post
    Here's what it looks like (now I've worked out how to post pictures:
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm not sure what should be in the space in the box, but it looks like there haas been a bit of battery leakage. Luckily it hasn't affected the maglite.
    VERY nice!! Never seen one like it. Thank god the alkie's leakage didn't make it to the light. 1st thing I do when I get any presentation box Mags is pull the POS alkie's right out of the pkg, though I guess you learned the hard way (could've been worse)!

Nice light!!!

Don't want to stop anyone's heart, but there's a red 7D on the 'bay (US) right now. (I've never seen a red one!) Search "RARE VINTAGE 7 D CELL". Ends March 25th. Already high$$$

(Not mine, nor do I have any connection with the seller.)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast