SunwayLED        
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by sizzlechest; 04-04-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Here's a couple of my Maserati lights too!

It's one thing to slap a logo onto a maglite but those ferrari lights with the custom bezel ring only seen on the Americana set are = FANTASTIC! What color is that maserati light gold? Awesome find!

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlechest View Post
    It's one thing to slap a logo onto a maglite but those ferrari lights with the custom bezel ring only seen on the Americana set are = FANTASTIC! What color is that maserati light gold? Awesome find!
    Hey, thanks!! You have quite the collection yourself! I have been on the lookout for a long long time for a Zimmerman Bronze Mini Mag! I got these from an ex-Mag employee that let go a stockpile of old, custom lights. I got a bunch of Mini Mags, some I haven't even taken out yet but these looked the best.

The Maserati light is actually light a hard anodized gun metal. It's basically a deeper shade of the grey Ferrari light but with a standard logo'd bezel. I'm not such a good picture taker.

While CPF was down I did acquire some new, rare Mags. I recently picked up a gold anodized 2D to fill out my gold collection. As far as I know these were the only full size gold anodized lights made, a 3D, 2D and 2C aside from a one-off test color gold 4D. The 2C and 3D are from 1989 but the new 2D I got is from 1984 as it has the TM bezel and a lower serial. From what I hear is Mag put out a couple batches here and there and sold them but they were not a standard production color.

Mag still puts these out from time to time. Here is a pic of some special gold anodized lights given away as swag for the latest Oscars. Unfortunately my invite was lost in the mail so I didn't receive one. I can't tell from the pic if they are incandescent or LED. I'm going to guess they are LED though.

I haven't seen much action here lately so let's kick it up a notch!

I recently acquired 2 Y2K 3D Maglites. These were produced in 1999 and I believe there was some kind of marketing done with these for the supposed power outages and mass destruction brought about by the Y2K crisis but I haven't been able to find any ads or anything like that. They have no knurling and they have a screen printed globe with the year 2000 on one side and Mag 2000 on the other.

These 2 lights are brand new, never used. They are only 3 serial numbers apart and are as close to sequential as I've ever seen. There was also an AA Mini Maglite version done too but I unfortunately don't have one.

For those interested I did a full write up on my blog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...-maglites.html

Having one would be cool. Y 2?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

WAY COOL!!!

Flashaholic

Very nice pair of Y2K lights. The non-knurled Mags are cool.

Thanks!! Do you know of any other full size non-knurled Mags? I think some of the full size NASCAR ones were smooth as well.

Flashaholic

Yea, the Nascar 3D is the only one I've ran onto.

Flashaholic

Ran onto a 7D Maglite that is in pretty decent condition. It has a 9K serial number and the "paten pending" stamp.

It came from the original owner in CA who had used it for camping and fishing trips. It's starting to fade to the slight blue/purple tint that some of them get, although my camera doesn't really pick it up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Pre letter 2 through 7 D cell Maglites.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Drool Re: RARE MAGLITES

HOLY **** those are epic... Never seen OR heard of them before, but I was well aware of the Y2K scare. Man, it was real.

I still remember; to this day, that my dad (worked for the phone company known as NJ Bell Back then) had some computers to work from home that were literally stamped "Y2K Compliant" on them!! What made them "Compliant", sped the internal clock up to Jan 1st, 2000 at 0001 and make sure they still worked??? Haha!

Awesome lights

This type of stuff is why I love CPF.

I haven't seen much action here lately so let's kick it up a notch!

I recently acquired 2 Y2K 3D Maglites. These were produced in 1999 and I believe there was some kind of marketing done with these for the supposed power outages and mass destruction brought about by the Y2K crisis but I haven't been able to find any ads or anything like that. They have no knurling and they have a screen printed globe with the year 2000 on one side and Mag 2000 on the other.

These 2 lights are brand new, never used. They are only 3 serial numbers apart and are as close to sequential as I've ever seen. There was also an AA Mini Maglite version done too but I unfortunately don't have one.

For those interested I did a full write up on my blog at: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...-maglites.html

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Guy View Post
    Ran onto a 7D Maglite that is in pretty decent condition. It has a 9K serial number and the "paten pending" stamp.

It came from the original owner in CA who had used it for camping and fishing trips. It's starting to fade to the slight blue/purple tint that some of them get, although my camera doesn't really pick it up.

Pre letter 2 through 7 D cell Maglites.
    Nice!! The 7Ds are the holy grail of Maglite collecting! That is one sharp looking early serial. I like how a lot of those really early lights faded to a nice purple. Def adds character to the light!

Quote Originally Posted by 1pt21 View Post
    HOLY **** those are epic... Never seen OR heard of them before, but I was well aware of the Y2K scare. Man, it was real.

I still remember; to this day, that my dad (worked for the phone company known as NJ Bell Back then) had some computers to work from home that were literally stamped "Y2K Compliant" on them!! What made them "Compliant", sped the internal clock up to Jan 1st, 2000 at 0001 and make sure they still worked??? Haha!

Awesome lights

This type of stuff is why I love CPF.
    Thanks!! The good old days before Verizon, lol. I think they were Bell Atlantic back then IIRC. Whereabouts in NJ are ya from? I grew up in Piscataway.

Wink2 Re: RARE MAGLITES

Thanks!! The good old days before Verizon, lol. I think they were Bell Atlantic back then IIRC. Whereabouts in NJ are ya from? I grew up in Piscataway.
    I'm right down the road from Piscataway in Edison, born and raised (now married, old and still living here ). Yup, I believe the nomenclature went something along the lines of; Bell System > New Jersey Bell > Bell Atlantic > Verizon...

The days when we all communicated over copper, now long gone in favor of cellular & VOIP. There are very few POTS lines still in use (mainly used for security systems and such things that would require the phone to work if say power went out).

My dad used to take me to all of the Central Stations around Central NJ when I was a kid, and sometimes the Main Station in New Brunswick. What a sight to behold; rows upon rows up to the ceiling of equipment and the sounds of relays clicking every time someone picked up or hung up a phone, I got so excited when I was allowed to tag along!

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some mags out there with one of the Bell Systems logo engraved. Now THAT would be an awesome gift for my dad to add to his display of old / cool phone equipment (he even has a fully functional Pay Phone). Great, now I have another light to hunt down

I've seen some Bell Atlantic intrinsically safe numbers by Bright Star, Fulton etc at eBay but no Maglites.
    John 3:16
    " If you can see on & off engraved on it you don't need a flashlight" -PK

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526