SunwayLED
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

Default Re: 4AA mini mag ontario, ca. and copy of mini mag by brinkman -4AA is 1 piece barrel

Quote Originally Posted by merrimac View Post

NICE! My first real light was the standard 2AA version of that, the early ones that were almost exact Minimag copies. Except there was a split ring in the head that didn't allow the head to be removed for "candle mode".
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

Is there anything special about 2C Mags without a C in the serial number (other than that they are older ones)?

Flashaholic*

A color other than black might spark some additional interest.
    Old-Style Maglite C & D switches for sale:
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=165903

Not looking to sell it or anything, was just curious if the lack of a C in the serial (8-digit) was special.

It's Gray according to the insert. Model: S2C096.

Apparently the Malkoff Mag Drop-ins won't work with it, but I wasn't planning on using them in this one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    Hey all,

Just wandering if this qualifies? I recently purchase a new Rebel Magled. I opened the light (now I wish I hadent) and upon further inspection I noticed that there was something missing..

The serial numbers... Not sure how rare this is though maybe I could get some feed back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by willrx View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if they've stopped numbering them all together?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    I doubt they stopped numbering, looks like QA failed in your case...
    I contacted Mag Instruments, and asked if any were intentionally put into production this way, and the representative said "All of our 2d Maglites do have a serial number, also they have Maglite on the Head assembly." So it is possible this light may be one of a kind. And at the very least it is ultra rare.

If anyone is interested I have listed this light for sale on ebay. The auction ends next saturday.

Btw I like that 4 AA minimag. I have considered extensions, but that solid piece is even better. Thanks for sharing.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
    Is there anything special about 2C Mags without a C in the serial number?
    When Mag added letters to their serial numbers, they also implemented several design improvements at the same time. Among them is a new switch design, a slightly narrower inside diameter (larger cells work better in the older design), and most significantly, changing how the threads work connecting the head to the body. C's have the O ring on the body, pre-C's have the ring on the inside of the head. The first is an easier design for taking the head on and off.

You'll see many parts and upgrades listed as being compatible with one or the other. Including Malkoff drop ins.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 02-08-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Response removed.

Toohotruk's response below clarified things.
    Last edited by Black Rose; 02-06-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    ...Pre-C's have the O ring on the body, C's have the ring on the inside of the head. The later is an easier design for taking the head on and off...

Actually, it's the other way around...newer lights with the "C" have the o-ring on the body instead of inside the head like the older ones with just numbers in the serial.

Quote Originally Posted by Toohotruk View Post
    Actually, it's the other way around...
    Corrected, thanks!

No problem. The reason I know this, is I bought a newer pewter 2C a year or so ago, hoping to mix the parts around, like swapping the head and tailcap from my older black 2C with the body and bezel of the new pewter. This combo produces a surprisingly classy looking pair of lights, but unfortunately, not an option with those two lights due to the change in o-ring position. I wound up buying another new 2C (black), and making the swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke View Post
    So are there any other Rare Mags out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I am still waiting to see someone post a pic of every production color of c/d Mag all in a rainbow row. I'm sure it's coming... Someone must have them all?
    You guys probably want to check out the MiniMag Collectors' Thread if you want rarities and rainbows.
    Trees don't grow on money either.

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Those are beautiful! How'd you get your hands on em?

Unenlightened

Help Re: RARE MAGLITES

I have a 7c I'm guessing that its rare since I can't find bulbs for it. and looking over the forums. does anyone know where to get lights or know how much its worth I'm kinda curious

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStPeter View Post
    I have a 7c I'm guessing that its rare since I can't find bulbs for it. and looking over the forums. does anyone know where to get lights or know how much its worth I'm kinda curious
    Nice 7C.

It is fairly rare. There will be replacement stock lamps for it, not sure what they are, but there will be one somewhere here on CPF.

I have bought a few 7C mags here on CPF, so have some old threads I could link you to for rough market value.

If you ever look to sell it please ensure you let me know. I will (would) take it!!

Flashaholic

I would be willing to give 200 if you are interested merrimac2@embarqmail.com

Flashaholic

I have read that a 6 cell bulb will work fine, will give 200. for it

hey whats happening, any way you would sell one of your 6C cell lights or anyone that still stocks them? thanks -samstterhamstter@hotmail.com

A truly unique MAG-LITE Bezel that left the factory with the engraving up side down. You don't see these very often.

"there goes one of God's own prototypes. too strange to live, too rare to die" -Hunter S. Thompson

Cool, where did you find that upside down bezel?

Now THAT is very rare and very cool!!!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by S.E.G View Post
    A truly unique MAG-LITE Bezel that left the factory with the engraving up side down. You don't see these very often.

I would have thought all the Kiwi bezles are this way round.
    Makes perfect sense realy, you're upsidedown (compared to us.)

Unenlightened

I picked up this ex New Zealand Government issue maglite not to long ago. Never seen one with Varebeam on it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
    Last edited by DM51; 06-29-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Stack pics vertically

What is with having C or D in the serial number? How does not having it make the Maglite more valuable?

Also, I might be receiving three brand new sealed 5C's and a green 3C soon. If there anyone here that might have an interest in them?

Here are my two "rare" maglites.

Just your average 6D (are these worth anything?) I picked this up a few months ago MISP at a local hardware store. Should prolly get a malkoff for it.

This one, I posted in the General threads. Im trying to find out how old it is. It is a 2xAA Mini-Mag. anno is worn as you can see. But more importantly look at the bezel. the information is stamped on rather than laser etched.

Last edited by Solscud007; 06-27-2010 at 09:00 AM.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

[post deleted - pointers not permitted - DM51]
    Last edited by DM51; 06-29-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by souptree View Post
    There have been 3 special edition Maglites produced for and given away at Presidential inaugurations. The first was the black 2xAAA from 1989 which was originally intended to symbolize the "thousand points of light" that George Bush made famous in the campaign...As far as the 1989 light goes, from my experience, it is EXTREMELY rare. This is the only 1989 inaugural light I have ever seen. In fact, after 3 years of VERY active searching, I couldn't even find a photo of one so I'd even know what I was looking for! The only reference I could find to it existing in the first place was in the corporate timeline on the Mag website, which only states they were made.
    Just curious how much these flashlights are worth today? I have one and was curious of its value. I was in the Army and drove in the Inauguration and was given it by the VIP I drove...

Where can i get a 7C or/and a 7D?

That's an early 1980's light. Let me know if you'd like to part with it (e-mail works best these days).

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    This one, I posted in the General threads. Im trying to find out how old it is. It is a 2xAA Mini-Mag. anno is worn as you can see. But more importantly look at the bezel. the information is stamped on rather than laser etched.

Please don't hate me for being lucky.

(I'd understand if you hate me for being greedy, though.)

This is a dozen 7c Maglites that have been sitting in someone's warehouse for probably 25 years. Serial numbers range from 70039282 to 70041157, mostly 7004xxxx. Other than one that has a 2mm nick in the ano, these are mint. I can't say as much for the packaging, though, as it's generally falling apart. For scale, a Shiningbeam S-mini and a Tiablo A9.

The answer to your next question is, "No, I cleaned them out." So I won't bother telling you where they came from. Unless your really care, that is. I will say that it was a plain old google search that popped up "shopping results". (I didn't believe it, but pinged the place anyway. Apparently, they actually existed.)

A couple of these are allocated to worthy homes already. I'll keep the nicked one forever and sell some every once in a while. The first two will probably be going around November to the Marketplace (out of respect for the community) at at a fair price. (Not free; not outrageous compared to some recent sales.) If you want advance notice of the Marketplace posting, send me a PM with your regular email address (not a CPF handle). I'll try (no guarantees! emails get lost, after all) to send a blind mailing about a week before I put them up. (Blind mailing means nobody else will see your email address.) If you want notification of future sales as well as this one, say so in the PM; otherwise you'll only get one note from me.

Questions? Hate mail?
    Last edited by borrower; 07-18-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Flashaholic*

A heartfelt CONGRATS to you!! I love finds like these!
    Old-Style Maglite C & D switches for sale:
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=165903