Olympia Products

Thread: My Lightforce blitz 240 to HID - With beamshots

Default My Lightforce blitz 240 to HID - With beamshots

Well after my intial attempt on the first spotlight to hid was a success, but not being able to focus the beam was annoying me so i purchased a 240 blitz and got to work with changing it to a 50W HID.

After doing a lot of searching and finding some good pictures on how to pull the heatsink out etc i went to work, not having a dremel sucks so it was lots of drilling and lots of filing
    Then trying to find some screws small enough to hold the globe in was another issue.
    After doing some brainstorming for a suitable type "Washer" to hold the light down i came up with the idea of cutting up a jam lid Bingo

Then it was a simple matter of drilling a hole in the back of the light and threading the wires through.

I need to tidy this up a bit and also work out where im going to mount the ballast, either directly on the light itself or attached to the bottom. So far im brainstorming and have a few little ideas.

I took it for a test run last night and HOLYCOW!! Google map distance calculater advised me that where i was shining i could clearly see the house from 470 odd meters away! It looks like a lightsabre! I shall take some photos tonight with my new cam and see how they turn out!
    Last edited by s13tsilvia; 01-26-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Grinser2 Re: My Lightforce blitz 240 to HID

WOW s13tsilvia, amazing work!

I know the LightForce Blitz is an amazing light for its giant high quality reflector, and with your 50W HID upgrade it must throw like a laser and be unbelievably powerful.

Thank you for sharing, and if you get the chance, please post beamshots of your awesome light as I am very interested to see its beam.

Just a heads up, you need to resize your pictures as the maximum permitted size is 800x800 pixels.

Default Re: My Lightforce blitz 240 to HID

Looks like a lot of us are doing this. Good job silva! I'm doing one and will share when done.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Can't wait to see some beam shots!

Some more build pics, beamshots will be done in about another 2 hours

OK Beamshots as requested, sorry for the crappy quality but i did my best with what i have.

Trees that are being lit up are around 250 meters away,

cropped shot

this took the photo when i was waving the light around.

random photo

tried for a skyshot but had to hang onto the cam an thus was blurry.

side on shot bit better job.
    Last edited by s13tsilvia; 01-26-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Default Re: My Lightforce blitz 240 to HID - With beamshots

Looks eminently practical for hiking in rough terrain...

It appears to be a very nice and tight beam. Thanks for the pics!

Smile Re: My Lightforce blitz 240 to HID - With beamshots

Very nice beamshots, thank you for all of your effort in taking and posting them. I really like the one of your HID Blitz lighting up the grassy field, and it is definitely much brighter than anything I own.

Some more beam shots last night, actually used a tripod to take photos, so much easieR!!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/joshs/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/joshs/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

The tripod makes all the difference

Nice shots!

Now your COOKING BROTHER!, those beam shots bring tears to my eyes

Later
    Kelly
    Lucas Jackson, "Here, Captain"
    Maliciously destroying municipal property while under the influence, What was that?
    "Cutting the heads off parking meters, Captain."

Flashaholic*

Now we just need to be able to find these in the states......anybody seen them?

I have to agree with everyone else, that is one very, very nice modded light!!

Bob E.
    TF 3W Lux,TF 3 W Cree,Fenix L2D-CE, Fenix L2T,Fenix P1D,Fenix P3D-CE w/3x123 tactical body,P3D-CE Q5 w/2x123 tact bdy,3D & 3C Mag w/Malkoff,Modded ROV Swivel Sportsman with KPR112 bulb & 3xCR123

Wow...those tri-pod shots are some of the best I've seen, especially that first one
    Richie
    AE Xenide 25W, Power On Board 35W 4300K, TACTICAL-HID 24W, Dorcy LED 220 Lm, Husky 2D CREE 200 Lm, Mini Maglite w/TerraLUX LED, ORACLE 24X-9 4300k, ORACLE 35W 4300K