Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Custom Mag-1xD for sale - 5th wave completed :-)

Default Re: Custom Mag-1xD for sale - 5th wave completed :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
    Will, would it be worth your time for me to add another digital camo, but have it left as 2D with just the switch mod done?
    Of course, not a problem, except that the Digital Camos come as a 3D. If you need a 2D, I can cut/re-thread the 3D into a 2D. Let me know so that I can add it to the list to purchase tonight

Will
    Last edited by wquiles; 04-23-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
    Of course, not a problem, except that the Digital Camos come as a 3D. If you need a 2D, I can cut/re-thread the 3D into a 2D. Let me know so that I can add it to the list to purchase tonight

Will
    Does the standard camo come in 2D? If so I'll take a standard camo. If I have to choose a solid color to get a 2D then please add a red (as bright red as they have) 2D in for me.

Another question, how much length does moving the spring down into the tailcap shave off?

Does the standard camo come in 2D? If so I'll take a standard camo. If I have to choose a solid color to get a 2D then please add a red (as bright red as they have) 2D in for me.

Another question, how much length does moving the spring down into the tailcap shave off?
    Unfortunately, the regular Camo also comes only in a 3D.

I will order you a 2D Red one

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Quote Originally Posted by tx101 View Post
    Will, you have a email
    Unfortunately, now that I went to place the order, I found that the "C" size is currently only available in Black. If you want a "C", it has to be black. If you want a "D", I can still get all colors. Please do let me know what you want.

If you are willing to wait longer, I might be able to find that one locally, but it might take a while.

Will
    Last edited by wquiles; 04-23-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Default Re: Custom Mag-1xD for sale - 6th wave closed ...

By the way, this mini-wave is now complete. No more orders accepted.

Post #1 has the list of participants for this 6th wave.

Will

I have been looking for color C M@g bodies and not seen them. Did they make them or not?

Alan,

I have used them in Black, Pewter, and Purple, but the supply is not consistent.

I will check the local stores to see if I can find a Purple one for tx101 - are you interested in one as well?

There is also another forum member that might be able to get them locally as well

Will

Hi Will,
    Please check email.
    Sing

Flashaholic

Just to make sure, will the length required for FM's 3xAA battery holder still work for a KD li-ion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sing View Post
    Hi Will,
    Please check email.
    Sing
    Since I can buy the 2xD silver locally, you got lucky and you are the last person to join the 6th wave. Are you domestic USA or International?

It is about 0.5 inches deeper.

Just to make sure, will the length required for FM's 3xAA battery holder still work for a KD li-ion?
    The FM 3x and 4x adapters are about 3" long, and these new KD cells are 3.74" long. Maybe it would work with a normal spring for the shorter cell (FM 3xAA) and then a second spring seated deep in the tailcap for the longer cell. So to use the longer cell, remove the "normal" spring, and you are set. Is this what you want?

Will

Flashaholic

The FM 3x and 4x adapters are about 3" long, and these new KD cells are 3.74" long. Maybe it would work with a normal spring for the shorter cell (FM 3xAA) and then a second spring seated deep in the tailcap for the longer cell. So to use the longer cell, remove the "normal" spring, and you are set. Is this what you want?

Will
    No, let's just stick with the original plan and have it cutdown for the 3x adapter without recessing the tailcap spring. If I pick up some D cells in the future I'll deal with it then. Thanks for the fast replies.

Since I can buy the 2xD silver locally, you got lucky and you are the last person to join the 6th wave. Are you domestic USA or International?

Will
    Hi Will,
    International
    Thanks
    Sing

OK guys, order for bodies has been placed. Assuming normal delivery times, I "should" get the package by end of next week. I will keep you guys updated as always

Will

I just got an email that the bodies have been shipped. That was fast service

Will

I just got an email that the bodies have been shipped. That was fast service

Will

Will,
    When do we pay? I know my 1D digital camo, shortest possible for 1D cell will be at least $55, but I want to make sure I give you the correct amount if more work is needed.

Thanks,
    Jose
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Jose,

No need to send funds just yet. I will keep everyone up to date and will give each of you a heads-up that payment is due as I get close to completing/packing each light

Will

Flashaholic

I don't suppose you could give me an estimate of what my total will be? I need to transfer some funds to paypal but I'm not sure how much the red 2D adds to my total. Thanks!

I don't suppose you could give me an estimate of what my total will be? I need to transfer some funds to paypal but I'm not sure how much the red 2D adds to my total. Thanks!
    Sure, no problem:
    - 1xD Digital Camo, switch modifications - using FM 3xAA holder - Hawaii (domestic but $5 extra shipping)
    => $55(1xD) + $10(switch) + $5 (extra s/h)

2xD standard Red, just switch modifications.
    => $20(2D Host) + $10(switch) +$2.50 (extra s/h)

So the total should be around $102.50

Will

OK folks, good news and bad news.

Good news is that I got the package yesterday - the bad news is that they did not shipped everything I ordered. I called them up, and it turns out it was a simple shipping mistake, and they shipped the remaining hosts late yesterday, so I should have everything sometime late next week.

I am finishing a metric threading project today/tomorrow ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...1&postcount=88 ), so I hope to start work on the hosts that I got within the next day or two. As always, I will post pictures during each one

Will

Great news, the rest of the bodies arrived today

I will start working on them today or tomorrow, and I will of course start posting pictures

Will

Here are the initial pictures

And I already have my official list taped to my bench - this is what I use to keep me honest as to what I have completed and what is yet to be done

I also started to cut some of the hosts already. The 6D looks mighty big on the metal cutting band saw!

And this will be the first group - these are all cut at the same size (approx 160mm):

I am also making a few special ones, which I call the "mdocod special", which is a very short 1D, designed around mdocod's 3xAA to 1D adapter, along with the switch modification, and the deep tailcap mod (required part of this mod due to the very short body). All you need is to order the mdocod battery adapter from Eric directly:

I should have one or two of these specially modded mdocod special hosts in Black, available for sale pretty soon. If interested, please let me know.

Link to order the mdocod adapter:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=195976

Will

Flashaholic

I can't wait! Thanks for the updates.

I have worked on several of them today, post #1 updated. Photos later tonight

Will

Here is some work on one of the custom Digital Camo bodies:

Here is a picture showing the "deep tailcap" mod on the right, compared to the regular/OEM tailcap on the left:

Here are 3 of the ones I did for this wave:

For bigchelis's special host with the Kai "D" LiIon cell, I had to cut the body longer than my typical 1xD. Here in this picture you can see the mdocod's 3xAA adapter on top of the FM 4xAA adapter, and the caliper's jaws open to 3.74" so show how much longer this "D" LiIon cell is:

Here is the body already cut (in the middle), next to two standard length 1xD's:

Here is nailbender's completed host:

Here is the body grooving that I gave the Copper host that I am working on myself:

Photos of the switch mod, both sides:

Post #1 updated once again. Please look at your PM's for payment information

Will

Thanks Will

Dave

by bigchelis

The 1D body I will be doing the tail mod like when I put 3 C NiMH in a 2D Mag. I thought my 1D was going to be shorter. Can you make it normal lengh please.

If it is too late then just send it over as is.

Thank you,
    Jose
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Flashaholic

Paypal sent. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbender View Post

Thanks Will

Paypal sent. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    by bigchelis
    Payment received - thanks!. I will pack these tonight or tomorrow, and they will go out on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    The 1D body I will be doing the tail mod like when I put 3 C NiMH in a 2D Mag. I thought my 1D was going to be shorter. Can you make it normal lengh please.

If it is too late then just send it over as is.

Thank you,
    Jose
    Unfortunately it is too late as the tube has been cut and re-threaded. That is why I wanted folks to check post #1 for any changes/mistakes, as that is the list I take to my "shop" when I am working on the custom pieces. I even cut a piece of steel to the approx. length to give me an idea of how big the cell was:

You stated that you wanted the shortest possible solution given the dimensions of the Kai "D" cell, so I tried my best to give you that. Like I showed in the picture above, the Kai "D" LiIon cell is much longer than a regular "D" and longer than the 3xAA and 4xAA adapters. To give you the shortest piece I could make, I already did the taipcap mod and counter-sinked the spring 0.5" deeper into the tailcap, but since the actual cell is longer, the resulting host was also a little bit longer.

If I misinterpreted what you wanted, then my most sincere apologies - please let me know when you get it. The tube is only about 1/4" longer than my normal tube, so it will probably work great for you. If it does not, I can make you a new one on my next wave and I will give you a discount on it, but I will need from you the exact length you want/need, so that I can give you a better fit

Will

Post # 1 updated. Almost done. Photos tomorrow

Will

Here is acourvil's blue host:

and his red host:

Here is Sing's custom silver 2D:

after being bored for the 8xAA:

here I am grooving the body:

and grooving the head:

I only have to do a quick operation on the red/blue host tomorrow (Sunday) and I will be complete with the work for this wave

Will

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast