Comparison beamshots of Jetbeam M1X, Surefire E2DL and U2A

digitaleos

Enlightened
These are just a few quick pictures I took tonight (cold outside) to give you an idea of the difference in beams. The target was the utility pole which is approximately 110' away. The camera was set at F6.3 with 1.6 second exposure with auto white balance and 100 iso. These shots really don't do justice to the Jetbeam, in real life it smokes both of these lights. I need to set up some shots out in the field behind my house so you can get a feel for just how much brighter the jetbeam actually is.

Surefire E2DL
IMG_0888b.jpg

Surefire U2A
IMG_0889bc.jpg

Jetbeam M1X
IMG_0890bc.jpg

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Very nice beamshots. Am I wrong, or does it look like the U2A is also out-throwing the E2DL? I know my E2DL definitely out-throws my U2 (Lux V), and my Led Lenser P14 on full spot easily out-throws my E2DL.. The M1X is freakin awesome by the way, M3T lookalike or not.

gouldian

Newly Enlightened
I have one on order. I also bought the extender but from the photos I've seen it looks like the light might be a little awkward to use with this in place. Can the M1X operate on a single 18650 by adding a dummy CR123.

digitaleos

Enlightened
Please can you share some photos of the three lights side-by-side-by-side?

Here you go, pictures below. :grin2: I agree that the E2DL seems rather dim in this photo. :sick: It may be because it looks like it may have been aimed a little to low. :ohgeez: I'll try again sometime soon.:rolleyes:

IMG_0892b.jpg

IMG_0891b.jpg

digitaleos

Enlightened
What? Factory Specs?? I'm a CPFer! I need to see at least some runtime graphs, Integrating Sphere results and torture/abuse tests. :devil:

:crackup:

Sorry, but I don't do runtime tests :nana:, I don't have an integrating sphere or even a light meter at that :mecry: and I don't torture or abuse my lights until I'm certain that I am going to keep them.:whoopin:I am sure someone like selfbuilt will be doing some great reviews of this light sometime soon.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
JB is tempting...but it is huge!

As you suggested, I think the E2DL is pointed too low...you can see a bright spot in the snow...it doesnt have a lot of spill so the pole in the background doesn't appear as well lit as it could.

Centropolis

Enlightened
Thanks for the photos.

I am thinking about the M1X too. But want to wait for outdoor beamshoots compared to a DBS MC-E first. The DBS seemed to have less focused beam compared to the DBS R2...which makes me think this M1X will out throw the DBS.

gsxrac

Enlightened
This is JUST what ive been waiting for. I think I will be ordering my M1X tomorrow. Ive looked at it about 20 times but needed to see some beamshots before id REALLY like it. Thanks for the pics! Send some snow this way too if you dont mind:grin2:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at this thread has made my mind up
....pulled the trigger on the JB :twothumbs

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam M1X is Sold-Out! Does anyone knows where to get one besides Bug Out Gear? And how do you change output? There is nothing on the website... How does the UI work?