12 Volt battery charger for aa eneloops

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Hi,
I am looking for a 12 volt AA eneloop charger to use in my car and possibly at a laater daate with a 12 volt solar pannel. I have tried a search but the search terms 12 and AA are too short!

Does anyone have aany recomendations?

Thanks!

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That could go a number of ways. You can get a 12v adapter for a Maha C9000 to be able to use it in your car. Or, if you want something less costly that only charges, the Duracell Mobile charger is available in a pack with the 12v cord (try Target), and is still an independent 4-channel charger. It also charges USB devices, when not charging batteries. If you already have a good charger, you could consider a basic inverter, which will give you an outlet in your car for any low power 110v devices (like battery chargers).

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for any charger with a 1 hour or less charge time that has a 12 volt wallwart. I have a 15 minute charger (cell killer) that uses 12 volts but requires 7 amps for all 4 cells.

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Hmmm the inverter idea sounds interesting, running a laptop in the car would be very handy.

I need a decent 4 battery charger, if money isn't a problem is the maha the one to go for?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C9000 certainly has the most features and options. It's only downside, other than cost, is that it is a bit larger than most 4-channel chargers. This helps a lot, though, with getting individual batteries out of the inner bays, and is generally good for keeping things as cool as possible. My Lacrosse BC700 is a lot more compact, and has no problems with heat, but if an inner battery finishes first and I want to extract it, I need a small tool to pry the end up. It can do most of what the C9000 does, except for the "break-in" function, and of course higher charge rates than 700 mA, but it's big brother the BC900 is a better comparison to the C9000 if high charge rates are desired.

These great chargers are indeed viable travel options if you have an inverter in your car, or the 12v cable for the C9000. I would not think that you would need most of their advanced features when "on the go", but if you want just one good charger, this would be a good set up, since sooner or later you should be doing refresh cycles and checking your cell capacities, and both the Maha and Lacrosse chargers can provide that. I have the luxury of taking the Duracell Mobile charger on the road, with it's direct 12v cord, and having both the Lacrosse and Maha chargers at home for more serious work.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a smaller one the MAHA c401FS comes with the 12v cord. It has a fast and slow setting so if your out and need a charge you could do a fast charge.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your going to be running from the vehicles battery for a while remember that inverters (espically small cheap ones) are quite inefficient.