Secret to swapping leds in photon 2??

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, after going through my collection to post a trade in the MP, I realized I never did finish replacing the green led in my photon 2 with a GS... So I've been playing with it for about a half hour now

Whats the secret to getting the led legs correct?? I can't for the life of me get it to work right. Either its always on, always off, or the constant-on switch becomes momentary and the momentary doesn't work. Really getting frustrated here! Maybe the CR2032 is the problem??

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, well I finally got it working... For those who may be interested- Make sure that you don't cut the top (negative) lead too short!!

And, for the record, one CR2032 with the GS does indeed work very well :D

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd say call LRI and ask about buying a GS led from them. They add gold plating to the led leads to help with contact problems.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done that in the past and they refused. In any case, I got a ton of GS and DS leds, so no way could I justifying buying one... But its all good, see my second post.

paulr

Flashaholic
Interesting. They sent me a bunch of plated leds for free. That was a few years ago though, so no GS's back then.

Where did you get a ton of GS and DS leds? Lots of CPF'ers have been looking for some.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a GB a few months back from the CPFMP. I got some extra so if you know of people looking, have them PM me.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I oly have white (I wanna say c0 but I'm not sure off the top of my head) GS and DS leds.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I remember hearing that before. Fortunately I've managed to get everything to work well without lapping :)