Who would like to see more UI diagrams?

How valuable of a resource do you feel my UI diagrams are?

• Extremely valuable resource, it is worth every moment you invest.

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • Valuable, but probably not profoundly so.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Somewhat valuable, not sure how many people it would really help, though.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Does more to confuse users than to help.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • You are completely waisting your time, no one cares.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am currently working on the Ra Clicky UI diagrams, which can be viewed here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/220723
NOTE: Document is UNFINISHED, it will look nicer and contain a great deal more detail and information when complete.

Trying to get a feel for how useful CPF members feel this is.

Who would like to see more of these diagrams created for other lights? If so which ones?

Ra Twisty?
ARC6?
NiteCore D10/EX10 - (Are the UIs the same between these two products?)
Others?

EDIT: Just FYI, poll is completely anonymous. Please answer honestly.

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to edit the poll answers? The word "probably", probably shouldn't be there in answer #2. Oops.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diagrams are certainly faster and easier for me. Written instructions are ok if written clearly but that does not always happen. A diagram or flowchart does not require proper grammar nor do you have to be absolutely fluent in whatever language the diagram is written in to understand it. It does help to be more of a visual learner though.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
A diagram or flowchart does not require proper grammar nor do you have to be absolutely fluent in whatever language the diagram is written in to understand.

You've got my wheels going. This is a really good point and something I hadn't thought of. I'm going to take this into account when drawing diagrams.

Diagrams should be as language/culture neutral as possible without sacrificing simplicity or ease of understanding.

Thanks!

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got my wheels going. This is a really good point and something I hadn't thought of. I'm going to take this into account when drawing diagrams.

Diagrams should be as language/culture neutral as possible without sacrificing simplicity or ease of understanding.

Thanks!

It's a good point for manufacturers to consider. I was thinking of the Liteflux instructions and how some people have had problems in the past. A diagram with only a few words here and there can more easily be translated and easier to make overall.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I like the diagrams, they are much faster to use than the manual. But sometimes it might be necessary to read the manual, to get the intial understanding of the diagram.

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
Even though I'm quite happy with my Clickys factory settings (booooring, I know) I like to learn more about the lights I own, who knows, one day I might want to alter the settings.

In that case your diagrams are extremely informative and helpful. Though I consider myself a verbal person I tend to grasp the inner workings better when presented as a diagram.

I am really grateful for the the work you put into your diagrams!

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think with the quality of Flow charts that have been produced here on CPF the manufacturers should be offering some bonus or a free light to those who have produced them. That is to say if they have any sales outside of CPF they could purchase rights to your flow charts to include with their product. If their sales are largely limited to CPF then there obviously wouldn't be much incentive for them to pay or offer a light as the charts are already here for everyone to see.

I personally like having them and have printed them out in the past in color for various programmable lights. They are great for quick reference as well as making everything clear a lot faster. Thanks again for your work on this.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went with extremely valuable. I managed to program my LF5XT and 3XT with just the manual so they weren't absolutely necessary but...

- They make great resources that are more portable than the manual.
- They are absolutely amazing later when you just want to make one change. Less digging to find an answer
- For the community it's a great reference to point to for someone who's having trouble with the manual.

AN/MPQ-53

Newly Enlightened
I like having them and have printed them out in color for various programmable lights. They are great for quick reference as well as making everything clear a lot faster.
The manufacturers should be offering some bonus to those who have produced them. I am sure the manufacturers have benefited in increased sales because of the flow charts.
People may read user manuals on the manufacturers site and decide against the purchase because of poorly produced user manuals; then later changed their minds about the purchase after seeing the flow charts produced here on CPF.