Klarus
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BVH Blitz 240 HID mod - NEW PICS of FULL mod and Beam Shots

Default Re: BVH Blitz 240 HID mod - NEW PICS of FULL mod and Beam Shots

Im already planning on a heavy glowpaint coating in the inside lip of the blitz housing that surrounds the rim of the reflector.

Have you seen my BB?
    Im sure the Blitz will look even more impressive!
    Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

Wouldn't the glow paint lessen the lumens?

Quote Originally Posted by LOUSYGREATWALLGM View Post
    Its not on the reflector.. only the outside rim of the housing.

I added glowrings too.

Last edited by windstrings; 07-18-2009 at 08:20 AM.
    Prev- Xeray BB 75W HID, Acro 990X, JET-I PRO, M1X LED,Oracle 35W HID , P1D Q5, L35-35 watt HID, Zebralight H30, H31W. & H60W LED, Quark MiNi 123, Quark MiNi 123 TI, Fenix PD 10 ti, DEFT LED-35/80W HID Mule, OLIGHT-SR90-2200L LED, 1.9watt blue laser, FFIII HID, Nitecore TM26

Oh I see. Nice effects.

Sorry for the double post

BVH, have you compared this to your Larry14K (knowing that the latter would not have the same color & hotspot).

Lux, just from memory. The LK14 definitely puts out more light over a very, very wide area. It's just a site to behold! But I'm a "throw" guy so I like the Blitz more - or will when I build myself another one.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starbursts, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Quote Originally Posted by LOUSYGREATWALLGM View Post
    I too thought he painted it on the reflector ages ago when I inquired about his light.

Personally Id like blue

Windy, how did you apply the glowpaint in such a clean and consistent bead?
    Was there a groove or something there?

I"m not looking at it right now.. but there is a flat surface on the outside of the rim and I took a small craft paintbrush and put many layers of glowpoint on it. If you go over, its pretty easy to remove it with your finger and a paper towel to clean your finger while its wet.

Somewhere there is discussion as to whether I should put it anywhere inside the reflector "like on the base of the bulb" as they do with LED's but decided it gets far too stinkin hot in there and may make fumes or discolor and best.

The glowsticks were just a gaudy afterthought. .but I like them.
    Not good if your trying to hide with your light off!, but you won't lose your light in the dark with those tritium glowsticks "rings".

There are also some very thin tiny ones a round the on/off switch to top and sides....

I'm just a flashy kinda guy!
    Last edited by windstrings; 07-19-2009 at 04:22 PM.

what do you think of this acrylic glow in the dark paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashanator View Post

This has been the best source I know of for reliable knowledge and resources....

Note the brightness ratings and length of duration with the different colors.. unless you really want another color, green will be the best and the "V10" products have the highest concentration of powder mixed into the product.

If you did get it from the source you quoted.. it appears the "ultra glow" may be brighter and cost a tad more.. but I didn't see if they revealed thier brightness ratings and how that would compare I don't know.
    Last edited by windstrings; 07-20-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Good links Windy. I especially got a chuckle from the Glow Inc. site under the "police flashlights" projects. They use the following quote,

"He used our product to paint glow in the dark rings around his maglight. His intention was to allow quick retrieval in the dark.To his surprise, it also had another more important benefit. He found that it had an odd calming effect on excited, disorderly, or intoxicated suspects. He found that the suspect would focus on the oddly glowing flashlight and would briefly be distracted from the anger. This brief distraction has proven to be adequate to slow the situation down. He says that almost all of his suspects completely focus on the flashlight and it greatly improves their behavior."

Patriot say says in a 60's hippie voice, "wow man....that's far out flashlight occifer."

Wonder how Lip's 84watt bulbs would go in terms of beam pattern in these Lightforce driving lights? As they use 100w XENOPHOT not HID.

But the HID lights are way more $$$$

I'm guessing it would be about the same as the Blitz 240 84W bulb mod...right? It looks like the same reflector from the same company.

I was going to use it for a dual sport bike, Probably would need to add spaces as the beam would throw too far. Id like a big beam around 80-100m thow.