What's your annual income? (anonymous poll)

What's your annual income? (anonymous poll)

• < $10,000 USD

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • $10,000 - $24,999 USD

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • $25,000 - $34,999 USD

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • $35,000 - $49,999 USD

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • $50,000 - $74,999 USD

Votes: 34 20.4%
  • $75,000 - $99,999 USD

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • $100,000 - $149,999 USD

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • $150,000 - $199,999 USD

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • $200,000 - $299,999 USD

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • $300,000 + USD

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious to see how I stack up to other CPF'ers, and how relatively outlandish or meager my collection is. The poll is completely anonymous so each voter's selection will not be shown by their name. I will vote once several ballots have been cast so as not to give away mine immediately, making it all the more anonymous.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also be interested to find out whether the chosen selections are based on sole or joint (ie. with spouse) incomes. Looks like I need a raise, or a wife, or both :p

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'd also be interested to find out whether the chosen selections are based on sole or joint (ie. with spouse) incomes. Looks like I need a raise, or a wife, or both :p
Based on the large number of responses in the $100K to $150K range, I'd say a lot of people went with joint income. Also, I'm noticing a double peak (one in the $50K to $75K range and the other in the $100K to $150K range). The first peak is probably sole income while the second is joint income.

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
My income only.

And having a wage earning spouse does not result in more discretionary flashlight spending money, even if she makes as much or more. :thinking:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I'm afraid that my curiosity got the best of me, and now I'm even more depressed after seeing the results :eek::crazy::faint: Any of you high-rollers care to share a job lead or two? :whistle::wave:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Hmm, I'm afraid that my curiosity got the best of me, and now I'm even more depressed after seeing the results :eek::crazy::faint: Any of you high-rollers care to share a job lead or two? :whistle::wave:
I've been having those same thoughts myself. Most of the couples I know fall into the $50K to $75K area, with quite a few under $50K. Don't know any single people at all with incomes over $60K.

On another note, anyone here watch the "Can I Afford It?" part of Susie Orman? Every time I do it seems most of the people have ridiculously high figures for their monthly income like $7000 or $12000 after taxes. My first reaction is where on Earth do they find these jobs?

Then again, financial security is often more about how much you spend than how much you make. A lot of Wall Street brokers who made $500K a year before things went south are flat broke now.

Norm

Retired Administrator
To me income is irrelevant as long as you have enough to pay the bills keep a roof over you head and feed and care for your family and maybe a little left over for lights :) I'm happy.

Not too sure that a million dollars wouldn't change my situation but it wouldn't make me any happier.

Sh!t I'm sounding old.

Help I'm turning into my father. :sick2:

Norm's Dad :laughing:

Sarratt

Enlightened
I can't recall his name but a year or so ago some guy joined and posted early on asking for "the best , most expensive" light. It was made evident that he had no concern about the price.
It made me think about the expression "..know(ing) the price of everything but the value of nothing..."
Then I wondered how much pleasure this person would get out of having even the "best" flashlight.

Just idle thoughts

;)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you are assuming people are voting their actual income, which probably isn't true.

Have you see what people are buying around here? Spys, McGizmos, Atwood.

I suspect we have lots of engineers, IT and other geek related jobs on CPF. Low 6 figures is not uncommon around these parts for an experienced Techie.

Other money threads of interest:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/185403
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/141912
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/184527

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Without any overtime, just from the hospital job, 24,000.
Yep, that's all.
Utilities, house payment, car payment, food for 3. 24,000
Household income used to be double that but not for awhile now.

That said I think we're doing pretty good at the moment. :thumbsup: I have to do overtime but luckily it's there when I want it.