ArmyTek
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Icon Rogue 1 - First Look Now with Pics!

Default Re: Icon Rogue 1 - First Look Now with Pics!

Well I put my Icon through a real world test over the last couple of days and I will say that it not only passed with flying colors but my son won't give it back to me.

I went shore fishing (at night) with my son and brought my icon 1AA along to see how it would work out. After using it for awhile I handed it to my son and told him to put the lanyard around his neck - after showing him how well thought out the lanyard system was, and to just drop it in his top pocket till he needed it. He runs with a small headlight but often said it wasn't bright enough for some tasks, but doesn't want to carry a big light in his pocket, as he likes to keep things at a minimum (surf shorts, tee shirt, and slippers - what do you expect for Hawaii).

My son walked a little ways down the pier and I could see the Icon light up to spot fish near the bank, light up to change and redo tackle, spot stuff around him, signal me to get my attention. All tasks were under 5 minutes but I did notice the light being used more and more as the night went on.

I have tried to give my some a number of lights to try out and they have always been returned with "It's nice but....." The Icon was the first light that he said, "This is what I need, it's perfect, can I keep it?" Success, I was able to find a light for a very picky non-flashaholic.

Now I'm off to order a replacement for me.

Bill

where's everyone getting their Icon Rouge from?

google doesnt show anything besides leather jackets

Incand: Surefire A2-HA-WH/9P-_FM-D26-WA1164, FM-2x18500-WA1111, Mag11, Mag85-FM3V, Mag61, Mag275 /// LED: Surefire 6P-_Malkoff MC-E/6P-_Q3-5A/6P-_Q2-5A/C2-BK-UV/G2-_Q4-5B/G2Z-M60R2, Arc-AAA 375nm UV /// HID: Acro A3100, Havis-Shield

Quote Originally Posted by bxstylez View Post
    where's everyone getting their Icon Rouge from?

google doesnt show anything besides leather jackets

Probably 'cuz it's Icon Rogue !

_

Had me going. Thought it was a new color for Icon.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    Probably 'cuz it's Icon Rogue !

_
    i'm an idiot

Incand: Surefire A2-HA-WH/9P-_FM-D26-WA1164, FM-2x18500-WA1111, Mag11, Mag85-FM3V, Mag61, Mag275 /// LED: Surefire 6P-_Malkoff MC-E/6P-_Q3-5A/6P-_Q2-5A/C2-BK-UV/G2-_Q4-5B/G2Z-M60R2, Arc-AAA 375nm UV /// HID: Acro A3100, Havis-Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Braddah_Bill View Post
    ...Now I'm off to order a replacement for me.
    Bill
    BB is your son a flashaholic? If not...keep the "PK" version & give him the replacement...brand new in the package, all his!

"PK" version...all yours.
    -"Must control self"-

Aloha Sigman,

I could only wish I had a PK version, I did not enter the giveaway cause after winning the Lunasol 20 I wanted to sit one out (giveaway).

The Icon is a great light as most real life tasks, for me, often takes less than 10 minutes and if you really take a hard look at peoples habits while using a light, it will be turning the light on, looking at what ever they need to fix then setting it down, still on, for the next 15 to 20 minutes while fixing what ever they need to repair.

The Icon is a keeper for me

Braddah_Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman View Post
    BB is your son a flashaholic? If not...keep the "PK" version & give him the replacement...brand new in the package, all his!

"PK" version...all yours.

Flashaholic

Has anyone managed to get the pill out of the head?

Thread Bump. Has anyone managed to disassemble theirs yet? without destroying it of course. I would like to know if I could replace the plastic lense? Put my new Icon Rogue I in my pants cargo pocket and that plastic lense got scratched up enough to leave a faint shadow on the beam against a white wall. Annoying.
    Be a Light In the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post
    Thread Bump. Has anyone managed to disassemble theirs yet? without destroying it of course. I would like to know if I could replace the plastic lense? Put my new Icon Rogue I in my pants cargo pocket and that plastic lense got scratched up enough to leave a faint shadow on the beam against a white wall. Annoying.
    I have the exact same question. Anyone know if the lens is the same as the solarforce or other lights?

Just bought my second Rogue 2 and there are 2 exterior aspects that have been changed. The most noticeable of the 2 is there are now 3 shallow scallops behind the bezel, at the top of the body, offset from the machined flats. I don't care for that and will be looking to get an original version. The other aspect changed is the groove on the bezel has been changed from a semi circular groove to a more angled type, like what you see on the type 2 Surefire M3 bezel. Not much of a difference to me, but I definitely liked the styling of original model more. All other aspects are the same. Icon no longer ships the Icon with a lanyard. A pity since that lanyard was a great design. I have had no luck in trying to find out where the clip for the lanyard was made. That clip alone would be a profitable item if it was placed for sale.

I have seen the Icon Rogues, 1 & 2, at really great prices lately. I wish they would come with glass lenses and a better reflector, but that would more likely raise their price. As noted previously, they make great gifts for friends and family. If you know someone with one of those cheap plastic D cell incan lights that are more likely to fall apart than anything else, get them a Icon Rogue. It's Easy to use, easy UI to understand and powered be readily available and cheap AAs.
    Be a Light In the Universe

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456