Just broke my Eagletac P10A2

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Light dropped out of my pocket and fell about 3 feet onto the floor, landing on the tailcap. The tailcap is ok, with a very minor scratch to the anodising.

However, the lens has shattered and one of the metal reverse polarity protectors has dropped off.

I have contacted 4sevens for advice, so we'll wait and see.

I am now quite disillusioned with the build quality of Eagletac, and am comtemplating replacing it with an Olight T25 Tactical. I have dropped Fenix, Surefire and Nitecore stuff, with no ill effect.

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light dropped out of my pocket and fell about 3 feet onto the floor, landing on the tailcap. The tailcap is ok, with a very minor scratch to the anodising.

However, the lens has shattered and one of the metal reverse polarity protectors has dropped off.

I have contacted 4sevens for advise, so we'll wait and see.

I am now quite disillusioned with the build quality of Eagletac, and am comtemplating replacing it with an Olight T25 Tactical. I have dropped Fenix, Surefire and Nitecore stuff, with no ill effect.
There was a thread somewhere talking of Eagletac lenses breaking when dropped - Eagletac are aware of the problem and supposedly had fixed this problem.

Good luck with it,

James...

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Yes, I was aware some folk on CPF had this problem with the early lights. Only got mine last month so didn't think it would happen to mine.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk to eagletac first. They should send you a new lens for free. The reverse polarity protectors tend to come off, but they do not affect the functioning of the light. You can super glue or epoxy them back on.
I have dropped my T10L from about the same height onto a tile floor. It slightly dented the tailcap ridges and took off a very small amount of the anodizing, but the lens did not shatter. maybe it is more likely with the P series than the T series.
Definitely let Eagletac know about it. Hopefully they can come up with some solution for us who have already bought lights from them. I don't know if it is a design flaw, or some manufacturing defect in a certain batch of lights. Hopefully Eagletac will tell us...

Toaster

Enlightened
AFAIK Eagletac never issued a fix for the lens problem on current lights. They said they "performed tests" and found no issue with the design. Which is amusing because the new T10LC2 and future Eagletacs reportedly now have a revised head design for enhanced impact resistance. Maybe the new models will fare better, but that's not much consolation for current owners :ohgeez:

EagleTac

Newly Enlightened
We are implementing an impact absorption pad to sit between the bezel and the window for the previous P and T models. This involves building a dedicated plastic mold and will take a few more weeks to complete. This is an optional device to enhance impact resistance. If anyone has issues with broken window or battery reverse protection plates detached. Please email us.
Nicole

Mikellen

Enlightened
Will this impact absorption pad be standard on future production Eagletac lights and an optional purchase for current Eagletac light owners, or optional for future production as well?

Thank you.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this impact absorption pad be available to people who already own Eagletacs? Will it cost money?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is exactly the reason why I have been reluctant to get the 2xAA model.

What's the estimated date for fixing the polarity protection, which is expected to fall off?

It needs the bugs worked out.

EagleTac

Newly Enlightened
etc: The ET489 built (most recent production batch) of P10A2 has its head design revised. The reverse battery protection plates are secured by additional layer of mixed adhesive through the back of the plates. You can find the production batch serial number under the laser engavement of "P10A2" on the body tube. We just started shipping the ET489 P10A2 and PTS has them.

Mjolnir: We will try to minimize the cost of the end users on these.

Mikellen: Only the ET487 built EagleTac needs them. Later production batches such as ET489 built does not utilize them as different head design approach was used. You can locate the production batch serial under the model laser engravement on the body tube. The recent P10A2, P10C2, and T10LC2 belongs to the ET489 built.

Hope this helps. You are welcome to PM me.

Nicole

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you saying that all of the new models use the new head design that the T10LC has? If so, does this include the T10L?

emr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Just broke my EagleTac P10A2

Very helpful and encouraging. Thank you, Nicole and EagleTac, for support and quick answers.

Last edited:

2manybikes

Newly Enlightened
Re: Just broke my EagleTac P10A2

Good job Eagle Tac, and Nicole.

I understand exactly how much work it is to make and run a new mold for high volume production of a small part like the lens cushion. I also understand what it takes to change the head design and get new ones shipped so quickly. I have been responsible for things like that most of my working years. I think it is more work than a lot of people think it is.

Many don't admit it, but we all make mistakes. The smart ones fix it fast and fix it right, and go forward from there. :twothumbs
How will you be getting the word out, about the lens cushions? It's something I will be looking for.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Just got a RMA number from 4sevens to return the light. Will be interesting to see if the replacement is the new or old version.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for update.

So who sells the newer, updated version of P10A2?

On paper, it looks like the most interesting lite (to me anyway), the dual mode is a good feature, the UI is a good idea.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what they actually changed for this new version?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked, I have old version of t10c2. :( Looks like I'll have to think twice about using it as my outdoor light now.

1anrm

Enlightened
If ET487 is superseded by ET489 does that mean that both of my P10A and P10A2 are from the future since they both have ET687 laser engraved on them? :twothumbs